Shocker

World Cup Qualifiers

That was an embarrassing performance, but the result is what was needed.  With the schedule the way it is there is very little chance of finishing fifth and still control their own destiny for top three.

I am not a fan of the Panama game being in Orlando.  Why would we want to play them in a hot/humid environment?  Should be in somewhere that will make Panama feel uncomfortable.

• Pie 2

It would be a disaster to have to play a playoff, but even if we avoid it, we're not playing well enough to merit any sort of optimism. 

• Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

Chile lost away to Bolivia while Argentina managed only a draw while hosting Venezuela. Worst two teams in COMNEBOL creating chaos.

Brazil (37 points) is in while Uruguay (27) and Colombia (26) have put themselves in position.  Then it gets interesting.

Peru (24, +1) has the current tiebreak over Argentina (24, +1) due to goals scored.  Argentina has only sixteen goals in as many games.  Chile (23, +1) meanwhile sit a point back.  That is right, with two matches to play Peru is in, Argentina to the tiebreak, and back-to-back Copa America winners and Confederations Cup runner-up Chile is out.  They still control their own destiny to a playoff however as Peru visits Argentina next so at least one of them will drop points.

Paraguay (21, -6) and Ecuador (20, EV) are still technically alive.

USA soccer is down right bad.  If they finish fourth they won't win the play in game. 

Not a lot to disagree with there outside of him considering "tattooed" to be an insult.

They deserve criticism that they normally escape because of homerism, ignorance, and apathy from a large portion of the population/media.

Edited by Goondal
  • Cargos 1

I would like to see us qualify, then play the kids until and at the World Cup. Squad is subpar this year, and I think we'd be better served giving the youth a run with an eye towards '22, rather than letting the dinosaurs have their last hurrahs. 

Edited by Borat

Just now, Borat said:

I would like to see us qualify, then play the kids until and at the World Cup. Squad is subpar this year, and I think we'd be better served giving the youth a run, rather than letting the dinosaurs have their last hurrahs. 

I am partly for that.  I think it should be a combination of the two.  Some of the vets need to play but n any position where the choice is close it should go to the young guy

• Pie 1

Watching Trinidad vs US...  the grass Trinidad has is awful...  no way in hell that should be anywhere near FIFA standard.  The ball barely slides anywhere.

• Pie 1

Just weren't good enough, changes are needed big time.  Hard to believe.  You could almost see this coming way back.

• Pie 2