22 minutes ago, xlatinox said:

Hey guys!, I was wondering about the story in Destiny 2 so far,  is it any good?  I been hesitant about buying it because of how incomplete the first one was.  The game play is amazing yes but what about the campaign/story?  Thanks!

It's amazing.  I'm level 12, and not done, but my clan is all pumped about it.  There's wonderful character.  No, you don't talk as a guardian, but you get so much development with the Vanguard and the other new characters (Hawthorn is amazing).  I find each new mission (trying desperately to stay unspoiled) exciting and fun.

If you were iffy about D1, then D2 should lays those fears to rest.  FUN game.  I just hate work has been keeping me so busy, and that I've been so tired.  I really want to play again!

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, xlatinox said:

Hey guys!, I was wondering about the story in Destiny 2 so far,  is it any good?  I been hesitant about buying it because of how incomplete the first one was.  The game play is amazing yes but what about the campaign/story?  Thanks!

I was worried.  Not gonna lie.  I was thinking.  Do I really want to get a game with a sh*t campaign and more of the same loot hunting.  I'm glad I got this game.  The campaign was like night and day from D1.  It's like a developer listened to its fans.  When i'm grinding for gear it doesn't feel as a chore.  Something or someone is always around the corner.  I'm finding it distracting.  Take a patrol to do something.  Find 4 things to do along the way.  The NPC's have been fun as well.   

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, Cold Cat said:

I was worried.  Not gonna lie.  I was thinking.  Do I really want to get a game with a sh*t campaign and more of the same loot hunting.  I'm glad I got this game.  The campaign was like night and day from D1.  It's like a developer listened to its fans.  When i'm grinding for gear it doesn't feel as a chore.  Something or someone is always around the corner.  I'm finding it distracting.  Take a patrol to do something.  Find 4 things to do along the way.  The NPC's have been fun as well.   

So when I was playing for 3 hours on Saturday night, I kept meaning to do some adventures on Titan to level up.  Public Events kept spawning and people kept showing up.  I ended up doing six that night.  I am loving how much activity is in the game now!

• Pie 1

On 9/12/2017 at 0:52 PM, d-dave said:

So when I was playing for 3 hours on Saturday night, I kept meaning to do some adventures on Titan to level up.  Public Events kept spawning and people kept showing up.  I ended up doing six that night.  I am loving how much activity is in the game now!

My clan is recruiting.  Just saying.  Unless you already have one.

18 hours ago, Cold Cat said:

My clan is recruiting.  Just saying.  Unless you already have one.

Thanks for the offer.  I'm in a clan, Dads of Destiny Warlords.  Really awesome group of guys.  

No Spoliers...

Tried the Raid last night...  OMG... We did not succeed.  

My group is doing everything possible not to watch or read anything on how to complete this one.  It would be the first Raid we complete without help from the internet. 

• Pie 1

My biggest compliment: is that it finally feels like you get loot from just playing the game, no matter the activity. Whereas in destiny one you had to grind a bunch of boring stuff to get the loot necessary to just play the game. 

My biggest complaint: the new shaders system is awful and a complete money grab. So stupid. You want to make each piece it's own unique slot? Fine. You want to limit shaders to one character? Dumb but still fine. Having to grind for the same shader only to get it deleted or god forbid if you change armour? Dumb. so fuging dumb. 

Edited by SOJA

Just now, Cold Cat said:

No Spoliers...

Tried the Raid last night...  OMG... We did not succeed.  

My group is doing everything possible not to watch or read anything on how to complete this one.  It would be the first Raid we complete without help from the internet. 

Man, I salute you there!  Since I'm only level 12, with like zero time to play until Friday night.  Sadly, I just went ahead and watched some raid guides.  Looks really fun!  I'm sure it's even more fun to go blind.  I just won't be ready to jump in for several weeks.  Alas!

Anyone checked out Xur?  He's good a good inventory of goods!  It seems to me that you end up earning a fair number of quest exotics and get engrams through playing that Xur will be more of a help folks with terrible RNG.

13 hours ago, SOJA said:

My biggest complaint: the new shaders system is awful and a complete money grab. So stupid. You want to make each piece it's own unique slot? Fine. You want to limit shaders to one character? Dumb but still fine. Having to grind for the same shader only to get it deleted or god forbid if you change armour? Dumb. so fuging dumb. 

I agree that it's annoying AF (I just got my first shaders when I went to Eververse this AM for a quick sec), but when you look at Luke Smith's response to it:  it's part of the grind.  Instead of grinding countless playlist crucible matches for that Eyesluna with range finder, rifled barrel, and whatever other perk, you are grinding for shaders.  You'll get the gear, but you just have to grind the places you want for your looks.  Or buy from EV...

I haven't gotten to that point to know first hand, and I'm sure I'll have a response there.  But I can see the perspective on both sides.  I imagine that more shaders will drop the longer you play.  How long did it take me to get my dead orbit shaders?  2 years...  So there's that grind.

• Pie 1

image.jpeg.8497b5d26c879bb77c4981d42c85b3e8.jpeg

Just Picked up this bad boy last night.  Funny how I also got the Blake Plague Skin for it on a drop earlier in the night.  Doing the nightfall with more than 5 minutes left was HARD.  Well worth it.  Rat Kings Crew Sidearm for your kinetic (primary)  Look it up!                

• Pie 2

19 hours ago, Cold Cat said:

image.jpeg.8497b5d26c879bb77c4981d42c85b3e8.jpeg

Just Picked up this bad boy last night.  Funny how I also got the Blake Plague Skin for it on a drop earlier in the night.  Doing the nightfall with more than 5 minutes left was HARD.  Well worth it.  Rat Kings Crew Sidearm for your kinetic (primary)  Look it up!                

Noicce!

I've heard how completely awesome this gun is.  The more on your fire team that use it, the deadlier it becomes!

I just finished Io, and I'm ready to hit the Almighty and level 17.  I love doing the adventures.  Are those the "re-playable" daily style activities like the D1 daily story mission?  They are so much fun.  The voice acting is so amazing and fun.  I still love getting green and blue engrams!  

I am so looking forward to finishing the campaign.  That's been the hardest part for me, everyone is talking about the ending and I have to cut off my favorite podcasts because they talk about it.  I just haven't had enough time to finish and kick Ghaul's ass!  That is going to be so satisfying!

• Pie 1

I hear ya.  Last night my team and I figured how to SKIP the first part of the raid.   We were like what!!!!

We're far from finishing it.  But going blind has been lots of fun.  Rat king stacks up to 6X!!!

Also picked up mida multi tool Last night.

• Pie 1