Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

d-dave

Destiny 2

Recommended Posts

On 9/12/2017 at 0:52 PM, d-dave said:

So when I was playing for 3 hours on Saturday night, I kept meaning to do some adventures on Titan to level up.  Public Events kept spawning and people kept showing up.  I ended up doing six that night.  I am loving how much activity is in the game now!

My clan is recruiting.  Just saying.  Unless you already have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


18 hours ago, Cold Cat said:

My clan is recruiting.  Just saying.  Unless you already have one.

Thanks for the offer.  I'm in a clan, Dads of Destiny Warlords.  Really awesome group of guys.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Spoliers...

 

Tried the Raid last night...  OMG... We did not succeed.  

 

My group is doing everything possible not to watch or read anything on how to complete this one.  It would be the first Raid we complete without help from the internet. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My biggest compliment: is that it finally feels like you get loot from just playing the game, no matter the activity. Whereas in destiny one you had to grind a bunch of boring stuff to get the loot necessary to just play the game. 

 

My biggest complaint: the new shaders system is awful and a complete money grab. So stupid. You want to make each piece it's own unique slot? Fine. You want to limit shaders to one character? Dumb but still fine. Having to grind for the same shader only to get it deleted or god forbid if you change armour? Dumb. so fuging dumb. 

Edited by SOJA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cold Cat said:

No Spoliers...

 

Tried the Raid last night...  OMG... We did not succeed.  

 

My group is doing everything possible not to watch or read anything on how to complete this one.  It would be the first Raid we complete without help from the internet. 

Man, I salute you there!  Since I'm only level 12, with like zero time to play until Friday night.  Sadly, I just went ahead and watched some raid guides.  Looks really fun!  I'm sure it's even more fun to go blind.  I just won't be ready to jump in for several weeks.  Alas!

Anyone checked out Xur?  He's good a good inventory of goods!  It seems to me that you end up earning a fair number of quest exotics and get engrams through playing that Xur will be more of a help folks with terrible RNG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SOJA said:

My biggest complaint: the new shaders system is awful and a complete money grab. So stupid. You want to make each piece it's own unique slot? Fine. You want to limit shaders to one character? Dumb but still fine. Having to grind for the same shader only to get it deleted or god forbid if you change armour? Dumb. so fuging dumb. 

I agree that it's annoying AF (I just got my first shaders when I went to Eververse this AM for a quick sec), but when you look at Luke Smith's response to it:  it's part of the grind.  Instead of grinding countless playlist crucible matches for that Eyesluna with range finder, rifled barrel, and whatever other perk, you are grinding for shaders.  You'll get the gear, but you just have to grind the places you want for your looks.  Or buy from EV...

I haven't gotten to that point to know first hand, and I'm sure I'll have a response there.  But I can see the perspective on both sides.  I imagine that more shaders will drop the longer you play.  How long did it take me to get my dead orbit shaders?  2 years...  So there's that grind.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.jpeg.8497b5d26c879bb77c4981d42c85b3e8.jpeg

Just Picked up this bad boy last night.  Funny how I also got the Blake Plague Skin for it on a drop earlier in the night.  Doing the nightfall with more than 5 minutes left was HARD.  Well worth it.  Rat Kings Crew Sidearm for your kinetic (primary)  Look it up!                

  • Pie 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Cold Cat said:

image.jpeg.8497b5d26c879bb77c4981d42c85b3e8.jpeg

Just Picked up this bad boy last night.  Funny how I also got the Blake Plague Skin for it on a drop earlier in the night.  Doing the nightfall with more than 5 minutes left was HARD.  Well worth it.  Rat Kings Crew Sidearm for your kinetic (primary)  Look it up!                

Noicce!

I've heard how completely awesome this gun is.  The more on your fire team that use it, the deadlier it becomes!

I just finished Io, and I'm ready to hit the Almighty and level 17.  I love doing the adventures.  Are those the "re-playable" daily style activities like the D1 daily story mission?  They are so much fun.  The voice acting is so amazing and fun.  I still love getting green and blue engrams!  

I am so looking forward to finishing the campaign.  That's been the hardest part for me, everyone is talking about the ending and I have to cut off my favorite podcasts because they talk about it.  I just haven't had enough time to finish and kick Ghaul's ass!  That is going to be so satisfying!

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear ya.  Last night my team and I figured how to SKIP the first part of the raid.   We were like what!!!!

We're far from finishing it.  But going blind has been lots of fun.  Rat king stacks up to 6X!!!

Also picked up mida multi tool Last night.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Cold Cat said:

I hear ya.  Last night my team and I figured how to SKIP the first part of the raid.   We were like what!!!!

We're far from finishing it.  But going blind has been lots of fun.  Rat king stacks up to 6X!!!

Also picked up mida multi tool Last night.

I can't wait to get working on those quests!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, finished the campaign at 3 am last night...once you get on the roll for the final missions, it's really hard to put it down.

Can't wait to play some strikes and crucible now, as well as public events.  I know I'll be good getting raid ready the next few weekends.  I'm loving this game!

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried Nightfall last night, got to the boss with only 5 seconds left. Clearly I'm not high enough level yet. 

 

The challenges and milestones make it really hard for me to stop playing.

Edited by Cat
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cat said:

I tried Nightfall last night, got to the boss with only 5 seconds left. Clearly I'm not high enough level yet. 

 

The challenges and milestones make it really hard for me to stop playing.

Yeah, I can't wait to start digging into that.  I farted around a little bit doing some public events for my sunbreaker subclass last night.  I was just messing around, but the way the game is set up, you really want to keep on playing.  I really love how pretty the world is too.  The EDZ is really a crown jewel for Bungie world design.  Though Nessus and Io are way too samey for me.

What sucks though, I was playing some PVP, doing really well (team was dumb, but that's what happens when you solo cue).  I stuck a titan over his rally barrier and killed him.  I got some good long range pulse shots off, pushed guys and points.  I felt way better as a PVP player than I did in D1!  Then ANTEATER!  Damnit!

Can't wait for this weekend =)

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cat said:

I tried Nightfall last night, got to the boss with only 5 seconds left. Clearly I'm not high enough level yet. 

 

The challenges and milestones make it really hard for me to stop playing.

If your on xbox i don't mind helping.  tag is compton535

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cold Cat said:

If your on xbox i don't mind helping.  tag is compton535

Thanks! but my Xbox one has been nothing but trouble so I made the switch to PS4 and haven't looked back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,355
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    rahamjango7
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      141,010
    • Total Posts
      4,493,218
×