• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

d-dave

Destiny 2

Soooo.....  About that RAID!  Completed the baths, gardens, and gauntlet.  We made it to what I presume to be the finale.  Yet unable to finish.  Doing so did net me 

Destiny-2-Inaugural-Address-Weapon-from-

and

maxresdefault.jpg

Both dropped at 305.  I don't want to complain but I loath pulse rifles in D2.  On to this weeks attempt.  Hoping to get the scout rifle or auto rifle.  Also trying to loot those secondary quests has been a b*tch.

Edited by Cold Cat
I can't spell.
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, Cold Cat said:

Soooo.....  About that RAID!  Completed the baths, gardens, and gauntlet.  We made it to what I presume to be the finale.  Yet unable to finish.  Doing so did net me 

and

maxresdefault.jpg

Both dropped at 305.  I don't want to complain but I loath pulse rifles in D2.  On to this weeks attempt.  Hoping to get the scout rifle or auto rifle.  Also trying to loot those secondary quests has been a b*tch.

I actually picked up the Inaugural Address the other day, but it was from running challenges and it was the power lvl 259 variant, I believe. That rocket launcher is sick looking though.

• Pie 1

One thing I hate about this game is the PvP. D1 I could run around by myself and do pretty damn fine. Now i have to run around with my entire team just to stay alive because if I dont, I get team fired into oblivion. Basically if you see a group of people you have to run away because you dont stand a chance at winning that engagement. I used to love D1 PvP because it was face paced and different than any other FPS multiplayer but this slow paced, run around with your entire team to win bullshit isn't any fun. 

1 hour ago, Burnout189 said:

I actually picked up the Inaugural Address the other day, but it was from running challenges and it was the power lvl 259 variant, I believe. That rocket launcher is sick looking though.

Nice.  The rocket launcher is beast.  You can increase it's velocity with a maxed out blast radius (i believe you loss a little BR for increase velocity) and has cluster bombs.  It is OP if you ask me.

56 minutes ago, Lemory said:

One thing I hate about this game is the PvP. D1 I could run around by myself and do pretty damn fine. Now i have to run around with my entire team just to stay alive because if I dont, I get team fired into oblivion. Basically if you see a group of people you have to run away because you dont stand a chance at winning that engagement. I used to love D1 PvP because it was face paced and different than any other FPS multiplayer but this slow paced, run around with your entire team to win bullshit isn't any fun. 

I hear you.  I hear you.  I enjoyed PVP in D1 and now do as well in D2.  I've just adapted my style.  I play mostly with friends or clan mates as to make sure we run in 2 groups of 2.  No way you can win an encounter of 2 or more even if you get the jump on them.  Frags seem to be nerfed a bit as well as the first melee.  Only a couple of ways to win vs a larger group.  Rockets/Super/Sword.

On 10/10/2017 at 1:22 PM, Cold Cat said:

and

maxresdefault.jpg

We beat the Raid. The final portion was hella tough. 

Got the same rocket launcher 

• Pie 2

Nice @Cat and @Cold Cat!  One of these days I'll get the raid done.

How about Iron Token?  I mean Iron Banner?  I liked it because I rolled with a team, so we had a lot of fun.  Not taking it seriously.  I made some good plays, got boned other times.  My only problem is that it just didn't seem at all different from regular crucible.  I loved dialogue from Saladin, but I was hoping that there would be more to it.  Instead it was just more token farming.  Datto did a great breakdown of why tokens aren't bad, we actually get a similar amount of loot.  He and HeyFitzy also put some ideas together for feedback too.

I would just like more from Iron Banner.  We had a HUGE PVE Iron Banner (Rise of Iron), and I think making the event PVP and PVE would be pretty amazing.

I opened two packages and ended up with the hand cannon and pulse.  So I'm actually pretty pleased with RNGesus here.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, d-dave said:

Nice @Cat and @Cold Cat!  One of these days I'll get the raid done.

How about Iron Token?  I mean Iron Banner?  I liked it because I rolled with a team, so we had a lot of fun.  Not taking it seriously.  I made some good plays, got boned other times.  My only problem is that it just didn't seem at all different from regular crucible.  I loved dialogue from Saladin, but I was hoping that there would be more to it.  Instead it was just more token farming.  Datto did a great breakdown of why tokens aren't bad, we actually get a similar amount of loot.  He and HeyFitzy also put some ideas together for feedback too.

I would just like more from Iron Banner.  We had a HUGE PVE Iron Banner (Rise of Iron), and I think making the event PVP and PVE would be pretty amazing.

I opened two packages and ended up with the hand cannon and pulse.  So I'm actually pretty pleased with RNGesus here.

I haven't touched Iron Banner. The Raid took so much of my time and then I did the Nightfall Strike. I saw my kid playing it and i too didn't see much of a difference between it and crucible. 

1 hour ago, Cat said:

I haven't touched Iron Banner. The Raid took so much of my time and then I did the Nightfall Strike. I saw my kid playing it and i too didn't see much of a difference between it and crucible. 

Iron Banner really is just a more hardcore version of the Crucible TBH. It's fun, but it's still just generic PVP. Which, is not really a bad thing in my opinion.

52 minutes ago, Burnout189 said:

Iron Banner really is just a more hardcore version of the Crucible TBH. It's fun, but it's still just generic PVP. Which, is not really a bad thing in my opinion.

I didn't really see that.  I'm coming from a D1 perspective.  The power level matter stuff isn't a huge deal (I remember getting merced like crazy by level 15 characters in IB), but it is just far too samey to regular quick play except that it's just control.  I do miss the individual game modes.  I think it's the lack of the bounties and the quest to get rank 5.  Those were very minor, but also gave a little bit of a reason to visit the NPC.  Now it's only to turn in loot.

Anyone playing on PC?  I keep seeing the high frame rate videos, and man, it looks smooth and fast.  It makes me really want to build a PC just for that buttery smoothness.  I just lack the money for a PC, and the time to get "gud" on PC with M&K.  I'll keep poking along on my xbox one =)  I can't wait til family stops visiting so I can get a raid going!

7 hours ago, d-dave said:

Anyone playing on PC?  I keep seeing the high frame rate videos, and man, it looks smooth and fast.  It makes me really want to build a PC just for that buttery smoothness.  I just lack the money for a PC, and the time to get "gud" on PC with M&K.  I'll keep poking along on my xbox one =)  I can't wait til family stops visiting so I can get a raid going!

I hear you man.  I keep thinking about going PC then $$$ brings me back to earth.  Money seems to be allocated to thinks like the utility bill and other grown-up stuff.  Seriously,  willing to help you out with the Raid.  I know my group is going to try tonight.  We may be down a few guys though.  If we don't have guys we can pick up we'll go the guided games route.  I think that's an option for the raid and nightfall.