• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,615 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 12:38 AM

I might be willing to bet that Duke goes just as far as UNC in the tournament this year. I dont think either one of them will win the championship but I see no reason to leave Duke out of the Final Four discussion as of now. They had a slip up to Michigan but Michigan is apparently good this year having already knocked off UCLA. Who has UNC played this year anyways? ND has dropped 2 already and MSU was EXTREMELY overrated as was seen against Maryland at the beginning of the year. UNC will slip up against someone...my guess is Wake or Duke as of now.

#32 Black

Black

Don't Make Me Get Money and Platinumize My Body

• HUDDLER
  • 2,509 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 26 December 2008 - 09:46 AM

<===Proud DUKE fan

#33 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 06:29 PM

I would love it just one time to have a meaningful argument without turning into childlike banter when Carolina and Duke Fans start going at it...I mean honestly my 3 year old niece might be able to argue better than some of you

Put her on.

#34 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 26 December 2008 - 07:59 PM

I might be willing to bet that Duke goes just as far as UNC in the tournament this year. I dont think either one of them will win the championship but I see no reason to leave Duke out of the Final Four discussion as of now. They had a slip up to Michigan but Michigan is apparently good this year having already knocked off UCLA. Who has UNC played this year anyways? ND has dropped 2 already and MSU was EXTREMELY overrated as was seen against Maryland at the beginning of the year. UNC will slip up against someone...my guess is Wake or Duke as of now.

That same MSU team just beat Texas.

Agree that UNC will slip somewhere this year, but they DO appear to be the clear favorite, and for all the right reasons. And UCLA sucks, BTW.

Dooks problem is in they play no depth and it will catch up to you if you don't. They pretty much have a 6-7 man rotation and they are still soft as cotton in the paint.

#35 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,632 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:12 AM

Duke has 9 players that average double figure minutes, UNC 10. The difference in the talent of that depth is better for UNC, but to say Duke doesn't play more than 6 is just wrong. Again.

#36 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

Duke has 9 players that average double figure minutes, UNC 10. The difference in the talent of that depth is better for UNC, but to say Duke doesn't play more than 6 is just wrong. Again.

A few guys getting right around 10 minutes and that rotation will shrink come ACC time. Come on man, K isn't going to change.

#37 love2hateroy

love2hateroy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 02:54 PM

Come on man, K isn't going to change.

What's wrong with that? If a legend wants to keep doing what has made him a legend, that's fine with me.

#38 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,632 posts

Posted 28 December 2008 - 11:19 PM

Plumlee and Williams have actually been getting more minutes lately than I expected and it's surprising.

#39 jspeight49er

jspeight49er

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:45 PM

Without Hansboring, UNC and ROy are nothing... Roy can't win with his own team, he cant even get past his old team... pathetic... i hate tarheels and their cocky fans

oh wait, for some reason i'm thinking that Psycho T didn't come on to the team until after "ROy" won a national championship. And by the way, it ain't cocky when you're just that d*** good

#40 jspeight49er

jspeight49er

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 03:48 PM

Dook basketball is built around the three-point shot. they live by it and die by it, which is why they won't win the ncaa tournie. you can't stay hot for that many consecutive games, sooner or later the raining three point shots will dry up and you have to have another go-to. Without it, Dook will continue to be an underachieving team

#41 Speed

Speed

Banned

• Banned
  • 2,571 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 04:58 PM

Dook (Duke) will kick ass this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com