While I share your point of view I'm going to reserve my judgment over Shula and this new offense until week 3. This was essentially preseason game 5. Rusty and timing off allover. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

CMC is an evolution in himself. He opened up the offense so much today and allowed Stew some valuable breathing time so he could come in and pound them late. Also opened up so much space in the middle of the field as LBs were so concerned with CMC, leaving our receivers with some cusion. Once Cam knocks that rust off, he will capitalize on it even more.

As for Shula's play-calling, it's more of the same. Had a few good play designs and play calls, but still the same Shula. All Shula has do to is call a fairly good game and let our playmakers make plays. Just don't go full retard and we should be good. It's what we can ask for at this point seeing as how Shula is here to stay.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

There was a lot more of Cam under center than I'm used to seeing (my perception, anyway).

Mike Shula's plays are generally still poorly designed, but it was good enough today.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Castavar said:

CMC is an evolution in himself

I have to call BS - we heard our offense was going to  " evolve " from Riveras mouth long before CMC ever bore a Panthers uniform.  Beside he is one of the new faces I mentioned in opening comment that leaves me wondering where the evolution is.  He basically took Fozzies old role ,though he played it better.

• Poo 3

One thing I liked is the few <2 yard runs.  CMC and Stew weren't exploding for huge gains but were always pushing forward the bulk of today.  

Play calling wise, yeah, we still need to be more aggressive on offense.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

I have to call BS - we heard our offense was going to  " evolve " from Riveras mouth long before CMC ever bore a Panthers uniform.  Beside he is one of the new faces I mentioned in opening comment that leaves me wondering where the evolution is.  He basically took Fozzies old role ,though he played it better.

I'm saying though, CMC makes this offense evolve by default. As for the coaches saying "evolution", the majority of us already knew nothing would change. Shula's definition of "evolve" is using CMC as merely a checkdown.

Edited by Castavar

I'll give Shula something he has never done. They came out in the 2nd half and changed the offensive gameplan. Got the ball moving. Now some personnel decisions in the 4th bothered me, but Cam came out on fire and that was due to the adjusted playcalling.

• Pie 3

Can't expect us to be that aggressive playing against that team. We could have run up the middle every play and still won