Jeremy Igo

SCARY MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just rewatched both of the Conjurings.  Great stuff.

Haven't seen "It" yet.

• Pie 1

On 9/27/2017 at 5:16 PM, twylyght said:

Pet Cemetery.... how did this not make the list?

I would love to see a real effort at a good remake for Pet Semetary.  The original was just ok IMO as the acting was pretty bad.  I think thats one of Kings scariest books.

Edited by Shocker

Saw a couple of highly regarded Netflix horror movies recently.

First was "House of the Devil" from 2009. This is your classic "babysitter finds herself in trouble" movie. I'd recommended this for any fans of 1980s slow burn horror. This movie looks and feels like it's straight out of 1984, from the film they used to the use of quick zooms. If you were to walk in the room and saw this on, you'd have no idea it was made within the past thirty years. Overall this movie was a disappointment to me only because I think it could have been so much better. The opening twenty minutes had me hyped because I'm a sucker for the nostalgic horror this film was selling, but ultimately it just kinds of drags on too much.

The other I watched is "A Dark Song" from 2016. This is another slow burn type dealing with a mother trying to contact her dead son through black magic. The acting and scenery are top notch, and the way the main characters go about their occult rituals seems about as realistic as possible. I wasn't crazy about the climax, but overall the movie has some pretty damn powerful scenes that'll creep you out for sure.

Can't believe I left this out, but if Jeremy likes the genre of 80s schlock slasher horror, Hatchet may be your ticket

Not sure anyone is interested but the syfy app is streaming the original Phantasm remaster which fuggin rocks.  TCMs app has classic universal monsters as well as Hammer Horror this month.

On 9/30/2017 at 9:14 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Just rewatched both of the Conjurings.  Great stuff.

Haven't seen "It" yet.

Watched "Annabelle Creation" last night and it was very satisfying. Definitely worth a watch. 

1 minute ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Watched "Annabelle Creation" last night and it was very satisfying. Definitely worth a watch. 

Yeah I thought it was much better than the first one.  Good call.

• Pie 1