dldove77

Kalil Not Practicing

Might be time to invest a second or third round pick on a center. 

Edited by dldove77

Ugh.

No offense to Tyler Larsen, who I like, but Ryan Kalil is the engine that makes that line go.

Without him the OL isn't even half as good.

• Pie 7
  • Poo 1

Larsen looked good last year, but did not play well last week.  Then again, I am sure it didn't help that Norwell played like crap right next to him.  

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Ugh.

No offense to Tyler Larsen, who I like, but Ryan Kalil is the engine that makes that line go.

Without him the OL isn't even half as good.

Kalil has been really great for us, and I hope this is just something temporary... but it would probably behoove us to get some real insurance. Just like when Kalil was drafted, there are many years when you can grab the best center in a draft for a second or third round pick. 

• Pie 2

Regardless he'll be 33 next year with two consecutive seasons of missing games. His replacement should be identified within the first 3 rounds 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

Larsen looked good last year, but did not play well last week.  Then again, I am sure it didn't help that Norwell played like crap right next to him.  

It's flown under the radar but Norwell has been really bad in both games this year both run and pass blocking. Really hoping it's just a funk that he snaps out of and not a sign of regression because we really need the guy back to his old form.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Bartin said:

It's flown under the radar but Norwell has been really bad in both games this year both run and pass blocking. Really hoping it's just a funk that he snaps out of and not a sign of regression because we really need the guy back to his old form.

Norwell dominated week 1. Didn't notice him this past week, but the pressure was coming from the edges, not the middle.

To be fair to Larsen, Ryan practiced as the starter all week before the game. Ryan had to be replaced at the very last minute. I want to see Larsen with all the practice reps this time around.

• Pie 9

10 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

To be fair to Larsen, Ryan practiced as the starter all week before the game. Ryan had to be replaced at the very last minute. I want to see Larsen with all the practice reps this time around.

It makes you wonder how much players truly 'always prepare as if I'm going to play'. Obviously everyone says it. But when it comes down to it, is that just fluff? I can see a lot of the backups being pretty lackadaisical in preparation and it biting them in the end.

• Pie 3