2 hours ago, Johnny Rockets said:

In the preseason weren't you were all about saying Cam missing time was a non issue and anyone who brought it up as a concern was just doing so for click bait or trolling? Now people who don't think it is an issue are fickle lunatics?

I think they really believe he is Superman

3 hours ago, Catufb85 said:

Here is a spreadsheet I put together at work of all of the Top 10 QBs NFL.com ranked at the start of the year.  These are all of their first 6 seasons on the teams.  As you an see CAM is ELITE.  What else i can from this is that Cam and Luck are almost similar in completion % but you will never hear an analysis criticize Luck on his accuracy.  Cam has more TDs than Luck, Wilson, Brees and Big Ben through their first 6 season.  Cam is 4th in this group with 20+ passing completions, Cam is tied in 4th with 40+ passing yard completions, Cam has been sacked the 2nd most other than Big Ben totaling 1700 yards lost. 

Cam is Elite.  Cam and just like every other successful QB in history needs help from a supporting case.  If you look at these names you can immediately start naming all of all the All-Pro players these other quarterbacks had to throw to or hand off I won't list them because it would take too long but you get my drift.

Its become a popular side to take on sports networks to criticize Cam, but in the end like this guy did in the video naming everything that Cam has done with the least amount of talent can only leave you with one though....

Dang, this guy actually might be pretty darn good.

Keep Pounding.

Cam is a very good QB, but the spreadsheet doesn't prove he's elite- 58 % completion, 7.4YPA and 86 QB rating are not elite numbers. 4.65% TD is not elite.  Those are good numbers, not elite ones. Add 3500 rushing yards and 48 rushing TDs, they become elite numbers, strictly passing numbers, no.

And, you didn't intend to, you were simply using 6 years because of Cam, but 5-6 years is when the elite QB's numbers start taking off. Ryan, for example,  averaged  60% comp 3500 yards, 25 TDs first 4 years, then  66% , 4700, 29  over last 5 years. The other QB's on that list, except Luck, have had similar jumps.

For Cam to keep up with the others in years 6-10, his passing production is going to have jump up considerably.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

11 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Cam is a very good QB, but the spreadsheet doesn't prove he's elite- 58 % completion, 7.4YPA and 86 QB rating are not elite numbers. 4.65% TD is not elite.  Those are good numbers, not elite ones. Add 3500 rushing yards and 48 rushing TDs, they become elite numbers, strictly passing numbers, no.

And, you didn't intend to, you were simply using 6 years because of Cam, but 5-6 years is when the elite QB's numbers start taking off. Ryan, for example,  averaged  60% comp 3500 yards, 25 TDs first 4 years, then  66% , 4700, 29  over last 5 years. The other QB's on that list, except Luck, have had similar jumps.

For Cam to keep up with the others in years 6-10, his passing production is going to have jump up considerably.

Notice Matty's numbers went up after they got more talent surrounding him besides Julio :) . If Cam had the same talent he would have had 6,000yds

Edited by sanjay_rajput
  • Pie 1

There's nothing wrong with the falcons helping Ryan out. Every qb except for Brady needs talent around them to win.. Even Rodgers struggled without Jordy

7 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Notice Matty's numbers went up after they got more talent surrounding him besides Julio :) . If Cam had the same talent he would have had 6,000yds

Which doesn't change either of my points- those aren't elite numbers and Cam's going to have to really bump up his passing numbers in years 6-10 to keep up with the other big name QBs.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Which doesn't change either of my points- those aren't elite numbers and Cam's going to have to really bump up his passing numbers in years 6-10 to keep up with the other big name QBs.

I thought we were a run team with occasional  passing..We would have to change our style of offense.. all those QBs are on a pass first except russell wilson snd now iam not sure if they are turning into more of a passing team...We are not going to change so really can't  go off numbers alone he has to pass the eye test and based on what he has to work with..We know he is capable of putting up those numbers. So i would say yes he is aan elite qb..he is just not your traditional qb..He is not good on short passes but excellent on long passes, traditional are good on both. Can anybody run like him rodgers and wilson..Thats called a wash..now if he is not running then it drops his effectiveness and he would have to improve on his short throws..We are about there but for now i still say elite until injury is healed and he is back healthy.

6 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

I thought we were a run team with occasional  passing..We would have to change our style of offense.. all those QBs are on a pass first except russell wilson snd now iam not sure if they are turning into more of a passing team...We are not going to change so really can't  go off numbers alone he has to pass the eye test and based on what he has to work with..We know he is capable of putting up those numbers. So i would say yes he is aan elite qb..he is just not your traditional qb..He is not good on short passes but excellent on long passes, traditional are good on both. Can anybody run like him rodgers and wilson..Thats called a wash..now if he is not running then it drops his effectiveness and he would have to improve on his short throws..We are about there but for now i still say elite until injury is healed and he is back healthy.

A lot of people don't take into account we run the ball a ton and are near the top every year in run attempts. I think in 2015 weren't we the only team to be literally 50/50 run pass?

39 minutes ago, falconidae said:

Being elite is not all about #s it's about making the players around you better which Cam does and winning the big games which Cam has done the only thing left is SB

Matty Ice needed all this talent before reaching SB on the other hand Cam took a subpar offense to SB we all know who the real elite QB is please son.

CAM > Matty Ice 24/7

Edited by sanjay_rajput
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, panthers_fan_in_tx said:

"Still" elite? When was he elite before?  Not bagging him, but elite is a stretch.  I'll take him as good to real good.  

• First player in NFL history to have 10,000 passing yards and 2,000 rushing yards in first four seasons.

• Only player in NFL history to have at least 3,000 passing yards and 500 rushing yards in four consecutive seasons.

• Recorded the third most career touchdowns by a quarterback in first four NFL seasons with 115. Only Hall of Famer Dan Marino (144) and future Hall of Famer Peyton Manning (118) had more.

• Earned the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year in 2011, when he set a then NFL rookie record for passing yards with 4,051 and an NFL record for rushing touchdowns by a quarterback with 14.

Just a few little tidbits for ya.  Obviously doing something and being the only player to have performances this outstanding should atleast be in consideration with being "Elite" 

I mean for your logic hell Mark Sanchez should be elite because of the only player to record a butt fumble. (sarcasm)

Cam is doing things with players that i would say maybe 1-3 QBs could do with what hes working with.

Lets not paint a turd gold here, Cam has had crappy OL, has to lead team in rushing in most cases, his leading receiver is a TE, his OC is Shula for lords sake, has taken most punishment of any QB since stepping into the league, leading receivers on super run was Ted F-ing Ginn and Philly Brown (unemployed)

12 minutes ago, Darvinsun said:

No problem, did say he's a very good QB, just that those passing numbers can't be used to prove it.

1 minute ago, falconidae said:

No problem, did say he's a very good QB, just that those passing numbers can't be used to prove it.

Being elite is not all about #s it's about making the players around you better which Cam does and winning the big games which Cam has done the only thing left is SB

Matty Ice needed all this talent before reaching SB on the other hand Cam took a subpar offense to SB we all know who the real elite QB is please son.

55 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Never said elite was all about numbers.

Ryan does the same thing- he's protected a sub par defense and sub par Oline for years. And the only game Ryan hasn't won is the Super bowl.  Cam has always had a much better defense backing him up.

You might also want to look at the numbers from his last 5 playoff games vs. Newton's numbers from his last 5 playoff games.

All this talent? Aside from Julio, all the other skill position  players are 3rd and 4th rounders and  castoffs from other teams. If you claim you knew who Gabriel, Robinson, Hardy and Hooper were before last year, I' m going to politely call you on that. Sanu never did much in Cinn, he becomes a critical piece in ATL, Ryan has nothing to do with that?

They're very different QBs, both are very good. Ryan finally has a solid defense backing him, I'm going to enjoy the next few years.

Edited by falconidae