Jump to content

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

That's been the Panthers offense for over a decade

It was even worse before that. 3rd and long used to mean raising a white flag with a draw play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Starting to hear excuses for the offense already.

Sorry, there are no excuses.

 

The Panthers have 4 first round picks and two second round picks at offensive skill positions at their disposal. Plenty of fire power to score on the Saints.

Time for a solid 30+ point game. 

When will the Huddle learn that Riveria and co. do not want this offense putting up 30 points over TOP, ball-control offense? Riviera and co. could care less if each game ends in 10-13 victories for the Panthers. 

The Panthers were not built to score 30 points (yes, I know that we play the Saints). It is built to hold the Saints to 10 points. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I doubt we score more than 24. Shula is not great and I haven't seen anything revolutionary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mcdougal said:

When will the Huddle learn that Riveria and co. do not want this offense putting up 30 points over TOP, ball-control offense? Riviera and co. could care less if each game ends in 10-13 victories for the Panthers. 

The Panthers were not built to score 30 points (yes, I know that we play the Saints). It is built to hold the Saints to 10 points. 

The Panthers are built to score 40. Shula on the other hand is never going to do that. We could have easily put up 35 on the 49ers and should have. Chud showed us Rivera would allow such a offense but Shula will never be able to do that 

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mcdougal said:

When will the Huddle learn that Riveria and co. do not want this offense putting up 30 points over TOP, ball-control offense? Riviera and co. could care less if each game ends in 10-13 victories for the Panthers. 

The Panthers were not built to score 30 points (yes, I know that we play the Saints). It is built to hold the Saints to 10 points. 

I'd be fine too if we won every game 13-10, but it's just not realistic. There are going to be games when our defense isn't pitching a shutout. We haven't faced a real quality offense yet. We're not going to hold every team in the NFL to single digits like we have the Niners and Bills. If you want to be an elite team, you gotta be able to win all types of games. Defensive slugfests, offensive shootouts, and everything in between. So far, it looks like the only type of game we can win is a defensive slugfest. 

Definitely hope we can get our offense on track, but Cam's rustiness and this OL's ineptness is definitely concerning. The latter far more than the former IMO. I think we all expected Cam to be rusty early, but the way this OL played last Sunday is a recipe for disaster. It looked like last season all over again. They HAVE to play better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd be fine too if we won every game 13-10, but it's just not realistic. There are going to be games when our defense isn't pitching a shutout. We haven't faced a real quality offense yet. We're not going to hold every team in the NFL to single digits like we have the Niners and Bills. If you want to be an elite team, you gotta be able to win all types of games. Defensive slugfests, offensive shootouts, and everything in between. So far, it looks like the only type of game we can win is a defensive slugfest. 

Definitely hope we can get our offense on track, but Cam's rustiness and this OL's ineptness is definitely concerning. The latter far more than the former IMO. I think we all expected Cam to be rusty early, but the way this OL played last Sunday is a recipe for disaster. It looked like last season all over again. They HAVE to play better.

You can't discount McD knowing our team. That defense was schemed well and I don't think anyone will argue that Shula sucks at adjusting. He should have gone 4 years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Snake said:

You can't discount McD knowing our team. That defense was schemed well and I don't think anyone will argue that Shula sucks at adjusting. He should have gone 4 years ago. 

Meh, we moved the ball very well in the 1st half. Those yards didn't translate to the scoreboard, but we were moving the ball. McD came out after halftime and absolutely stifled us. Which isn't surprising because like you hinted at, Shula is virtually incapable of making in-game adjustments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Meh, we moved the ball very well in the 1st half. Those yards didn't translate to the scoreboard, but we were moving the ball. McD came out after halftime and absolutely stifled us. Which isn't surprising because like you hinted at, Shula is virtually incapable of making in-game adjustments.

So pretty much we have to score a lot early since shula will not adjust to the defense were up against.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Snake said:

The Panthers are built to score 40. Shula on the other hand is never going to do that. We could have easily put up 35 on the 49ers and should have. Chud showed us Rivera would allow such a offense but Shula will never be able to do that 

I am sorry but no. If that were the case the Panthers would have tried much, much harder to fix the OL. And this was the first offseason in Newton/Ron's 7th year that the Panthers acted like the offense wasn't the ugly, red-headed stepchild--if the Panthers wanted to be able to go into places and confidently hang 30 points on anyone...the Panthers SHOULD have been investing more on that side of the ball instead of going defense, defense, defense year after year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cover2 said:

So pretty much we have to score a lot early since shula will not adjust to the defense were up against.

Yeah, basically. Every team with legit DC is gonna have Shula pegged by halftime. If that DC has the pieces to implement his plan, we're probably gonna be stifled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a side note the Niners offense just put up 39 points on a very good Rams defense. The same offense we held to 3 points... Our defense is elite and our offense will get in sync soon. Then we get to see that owl and find out how superb he is!!!

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      18,778
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    PantherGod
    Joined
  • Topics

×