I'm glad that Igo actually said it. Must have been a spiked latte.

I've been pounding that drum for the last day. Not only is excuse time up against a Saints team that is historically bad on defense, excuse time is up period! 

Cam, Stew, CMC, Benjamin, Samuel and Funchess. Not to mention the O-line. That's a whole lotta draft stock right there. 

Don't be the pansies that can't score on one of the most inept defenses that has ever been assembled on an NFL gridiron!

• Pie 1

When you pat yourself on the back regarding statements predicting Newton having lingering shoulder concerns are you talking about excuses or reasons? They're really the same thing.

17 minutes ago, Hallin'AllDaeDae said:

Alvin Kamara is better than Christian, it's sad we used the 8th pick on a fuging white RB

A white rb and a black QB. I guess there's no hope right?

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, csx said:

A white rb and a black QB. I guess there's no hope right?

Cam is great. Nobody throws deeper more routinely than he does so fug all the "oh his rating and % aren't good" and along with the fact he throws deeper more routinely than any other QB, he's also never had anybody good after the catch besides a 30+ Smith

Look...I get that people have anxiety about the offense's anemic start to the season.  The SF game looked like a preseason snoozer and the Bills game looked like Jimmy Clausen was back at QB.  I'm not happy with what I've seen so far and it doesn't bode well that the OL is already having injuries and some pretty glaring protection issues.  I would like to see CMC break every run for a 70 yd. TD just like everyone else.

However, Shula was only part of the problem and really, in my mind, lack of execution was more to blame last week.  Cam is still rusty and I'm not entirely confident he will ever get back to his 2015 form.

The important thing is we still won.  This defense is on another level.  The offense needs to do better and I think they will.  But I'm not going to sit here and say I won't be satisfied until they put up 40+ points a game.  If they can put up 20-24 points, we have a great chance of winning any game on the schedule.

Yes, I want to see max value from our draft picks.  Yes, I love it when we seal the win by halftime.

Still, I'd rather win a game 9-3, than lose a game 41-38.

Now, if they come out and only score 9 pts. against the Saints, then yes...we are fugged.  But remember that McDermott knows our protections inside and out.  He knows our playbook, plus the Bills have a great pass rushing LB and a pro bowl caliber safety.

It wasn't pretty (nor was SF) but it was still a win and at this point 2-0 is the only stat that matters.

I think the offense will have success this week, but there will never be a perfect performance.  I look for growth,  but if we only win by 10 instead of by 30, that won't be cause for panic.

We only need to win by 1 to get the W.

• Pie 3

After watching the 49ers no gain a single sack last night I can't help but wonder maybe our week one offensive line play wasn't because we were good as much as the 49ers are that bad at getting to the QB.

After watching the 49ers no gain a single sack last night I can't help but wonder maybe our week one offensive line play wasn't because we were good as much as the 49ers are that bad at getting to the QB.

3 minutes ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I think most of us realized that sunday

1 hour ago, Hallin'AllDaeDae said:

Alvin Kamara is better than Christian, it's sad we used the 8th pick on a fuging white RB

That's a racist comment.   His skin color has nothing to do with the fact that he is undersized for an NFL RB and our OC doesn't seem to know that.