Nate Dogg

Offenses Last Night

Does anyone else get depressed when watching the offenses in other NFL games? Last night when the announcers were talking about Goff's .46 second release time I couldn't help but think how bad I wished we had even a 4.6 second release time. (Exaggerated a bit I know but not really) It really makes you see how fugging terrible our offensive system is when you see the 49ers hanging 39 points on a respectable Rams defense with Brian Hoyer and a bunch of slightly above average at best skill players.

A quote from halftime last night in regards to Gurley this year versus last - "It's amazing what can happen with a real offensive coordinator." I'm afraid this is unfortunately going to be the case for CMC. In my eyes Shula has already proven through 2 games he just does not have what it takes. The scary thing is... With all the talent we have on this team there's no way they're ever going to be bad enough to blow it all up. We'll always be just good enough for the coaches to justify keeping their jobs. 2015 was our chance and we let it slip. Will we ever be a serious contender again with this coaching staff?

• Pie 5

same old story if cam makes the right accure those we would put plenty more point....... shula is part of the problem but cam and his rust and timing is the real issue its open people on every play cam is either missing them or throwing late or over throwing them.

• Pie 1

Josh McDaniels was the next big thing at one point, too. Started hot and flamed out. 

People are too quick to anoint guys. 

That said, I wouldn’t be opposed to a shiny new toy in the booth. 

I had the same depressed feeling. Shula is not even in the same ballpark as McVay and Shannahan. Neither one of those offenses are as talented player wise as the Panthers. But look what a good offensive mind can do for an offense. Where as with Shula it can cripple an offense.

Hey, remember 2015 when all of the stars aligned, and the Panthers scored points?  Let's talk about that for the next 5 years and give Shula a pass instead of facing the current reality. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

The season will go two ways.

1. Offense starts hitting on all cylinders and team makes a playoff run - optimism for the future

2. Offense is inept and holds back a top-tier defense, team performs below expectations - Shula is fired, (Ron might get the ax and/or Hurney does not become full-time GM) optimism for the future

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, rhyslloyd said:

Hey, remember 2015 when all of the stars aligned, and the Panthers scored points?  Let's talk about that for the next 5 years and give Shula a pass instead of facing the current reality. 

i'm gonna talk down to you and say you don't know football because i watched terry bradshaw in my bellbottoms 40 years ago

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

6 minutes ago, The NFL Shield At Midfield said:

i'm gonna talk down to you and say you don't know football because i watched terry bradshaw in my bellbottoms 40 years ago

Groovy.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

We held that 39 point San Fran offense to 3 points. So I was happy knowing that

These were my exact thoughts.........and also was fuggin pumped bc I have Gurley in 2 leagues, ha

Edited by dpm0409
  • Pie 1