gorillamilitia13

Olsen injury a blessing in disguise?

Yes I know losing Olsen blows as he is one of the best TE's in the league, and him and Cam have a great on-field relationship. Plus you hate to see anyone go down with an injury, especially one of your team leaders. But do you guys remember back in 2015 when Cam was having his best season because he was spreading the ball around and not locking on to 1-2 receivers? Some credit that to the fact that KB was out. I'm starting to think the same might happen with Olsen out.

• Beer 2

I don't see how. Olsen is easily our most reliable receiver. KB is the guy Cam tends to lock onto and I fear that missing Olsen may only worsen that tendency. 

• Pumpkin Spice Latte 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't see how. Olsen is easily our most reliable receiver. KB is the guy Cam tends to lock onto and I fear that missing Olsen may only worsen that tendency. 

True but one could have also made the argument that Cam would start locking onto Olsen with KB out. 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Cam has locked onto both when he's had both.

The threat of Olsen is a big part of what we do.

I get where you're going with this but I can't sign on.

Edited by Mr. Scot

People vastly overstate this whole notion of Cam forcing it to KB or not spreading the ball around.

Newton leaned heavily on Olsen in 2015 with KB out. Game winning touchdown in Seattle?

This is a big loss. But I hope KB and Funchess step up big. Also, it's time Dickson earned those millions. We're gonna find out quickly.

no way. he gives backers and safeties fits up the seam and often freezes them in his area of the field. huge loss, especially for an offense and an ailing quarterback that doesn't seem designed to be able to get guys open in space or throw them open

• Pie 1

Interesting, I thought about making a threat with the exact same title. Teams might not know who to roll their coverage to and most likely will not respect Dixon even though he his an underrated player. Curtis Samuel should benefit from this as well. Opponents know about Olsen and likely plan for him but not so much with the others.

• Pie 1