ecu88

4 Charateristics

So sitting around I was thinking what stat cats should we focus on. What charateristics make the ground work of knowing a football team and the possible success? 

My big 4 revolves around: Momentum, Trenches, Identity, and Drive Success. These characteristics lead me to my stat choices. 

(Risk)

Momentum, I focused on: net turnovers, penalities and net big plays. How do we impact our game with our discipline and opportunities. Evidently we are at a 0 for net turnovers, averaging 5.5 penalities a game, and 3 net big plays. This tells me we are solid on assignments as a defense, disciplined team as whole that is low risk. Aka Calculated Risk Ron is front and center as well embedded in our identity. With Cam still getting back to 100%, our big plays are down but it is not all on his shoulders as I will discuss later. Our defense is like a boeing constrictor, we do not allow many big plays nor yards. The experience on our defense is highly underrated.

(LoS Control)

Trenches, where games are won and lost. Our offensive line has been piss poor. For a ball control team, having a 2.9 for a rushing average will not do nor when we need Cam to pass with 9.7% sack rate. Lord knows what the pressure percentage is......... For our defense, my God they are monsters. 3.2 rush average is pretty good but not quite elite. The sack% at 10.7 is elite as JP has battled father of time to school offensive lines as an ageless wonder. Overall, our dline is awesome but as everyone knows we need our Oline to step it up.

(Behavior)

Identity, what we are offensively and defensively. The game is about match ups but we need have a clear label in describing the team's identity. For our team it is obvious, ball control. Our total offense average yardage per a play is an okay 4.2yds/play. We have enough pop in our air game to help our horrible rush attempts. ToP is where we blow our opponents as our offense gives our defense long breaks. Going to our defense, the area where offenses seem to get lost like the Bermuda Triangle, we are holding total offense average yardage per a play to an amazing 3.7 per play. This helps the old timers on our D a lot. Opponents offensive drives do not last long which leads to my last topic.

(Finishers/Deniers)

Drive Success, are we finishing on O and preventing on D. Our offense in the RedZone is horrible. You have the same odds playing Russian Roulette with a six shooter as our offense finishing the drive. Watching our offense will kill yah as each snap ends in denial as we repeat more so than not highly predictable RedZone plays. At least we can move the ball on 3rd down as we convert 48%. That is pretty damn impressive. On D, just to be in awe, 0% redzone conversions and 25% 3rd down conversions.

We are a ball control low risk football team with a shaky Oline that is hurting our ability to finish. Without Cam, our defense efforts would all be for naught as a middle in the road team. Our coaches need to address weakness and learn to have a plan B and C just in case we start sputtering during the game. If our D stays at the same level and our O is firing on all cyclinders, no team can beat us. 

34 to 10 Panthers win against the Aints.

Edited by ecu88
  • Pie 8
  • Beer 1

Good write up and I agree with all of it

Except the score 20-10, because of said ball controll

Edited by jfra78
  • Pie 1

5 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

I think the D scores this week.

• Pie 3
  • The D 2

The Panthers are quintessentially the scenario going on a date and making out then the date just stops to leave for the night. 

Panthers are BLUEBALLS for us fans.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ecu88 said:

So sitting around I was thinking

image.png.7ba18c0f2ea1c7eab07113b80345f836.png

I see what you did there

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

24 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

giphy.gif

Nice write up!

Yes, I too think we score a defensive touchdown this week.  Just feels like we are RIPE to score a pick6

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, KB_fan said:

Nice write up!

Yes, I too think we score a defensive touchdown this week.  Just feels like we are RIPE to score a pick6

Any prognosticators on who that would be?

FYI: Kuechly has 13 career regular season INTs through 5+ seasons. Ray Lewis leads all linebackers over the last thirty years with 31 through 17 seasons. 

Can he catch him? Does he get number 14 this week? Has he ever intercepted Brees before? 

2 minutes ago, dldove77 said:

Any prognosticators on who that would be?

FYI: Kuechly has 13 career regular season INTs through 5+ seasons. Ray Lewis leads all linebackers over the last thirty years with 31 through 17 seasons. 

Can he catch him? Does he get number 14 this week? Has he ever intercepted Brees before? 

I'm gonna go with Worley.  I think the Saints will pick on him... he should get some opportunities.

But Luke is ALWAYS a good bet too.  He's already snagged one INT so far...

• Pie 1