Saca312

Guess How Predictable The Panthers Running Game Is?

1 minute ago, saints4lifeagain said:

Yeah, I wasn't meaning markedly worse. But there seems to be the notion that the run is stopped because of thr tendencies, when even when there's not a high percent chance that it's a run, it does no better. I could see the argument if the YPP was markedly better out of shotgun.

We have the 5th highest rush percentage in the NFL and are 30th in yards per carry. We were 7th in rush percentage last year and 20th in yards per carry when our OL was an absolute hot mess.

Honestly, I think DCs are just figuring out Shula and his tendencies. If us fans sitting at home can oftentimes guess the play call, it's probably safe to say that actual professional defensive coordinators who study film religiously are probably pegging it a lot more often than we are. We end up running into stacked boxes a helluva lot. The defense knows we're likely to run then the play call comes in too late for an audible at the line. The result is usually three yards and a cloud of dust - IF we're lucky. When the opposing D knows what you're doing, you're forced on trying to out-execute them at every position. That might work in short yardage situations where a win is a yard or two, but it's a tough row to hoe all game long.

• Pie 2
  • The D 1

1 hour ago, panthers55 said:

The point is if you want to know whether something is true or not you have to ask intelligent questions. 

You first.

8 hours ago, gmonjimbo said:

This might be off topic but when was the last time a Panthers RB had 100 yards rushing in a game or averaged 4.5 yards per carry with 15+ rushes?

Redskins game (14th game) last season.  Also Stewart averaged 4.5 a carry in the 15th game last season, but he only had 11 carries.  

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, Lumps said:

Why do you need 'facts' and numbers to back up Shula sucks comments? The fug. Watch the games and it's obvious no need to record everything and present it on here good lord. Saca posted numbers but who cares, how were those numbers not already obvious watching the games? I mean really P55 99% of posters see Shula sucks why do you need more? You think they're all wrong and must be something else because they don't have stats? Just being dumb I mean my god.

Those numbers Saca presented tell you little to nothing about how much our formation gives away what we are going to do. No variables are controlled for, there is no context and no comparison to the league average. Basically they are useless. They aren't wrong, they are inadequate to prove his point. If you can't see that then no need to go further since you clearly have no understand of how to analyze numbers and statistics like 90% of the people here.

• Pie 1

In general, Shula isn't perfect, and I've seen him get out-thought on the sideline, but he's forgotten more about this game than most fans will ever learn.

A lot of you could benefit from spending a long cold winter in a one-room Shul-house.

I said predictable at least 5 times in the gameday thread, if a drunkn idoit sees it....

Predicting plays isn't difficult. 

Watching any game, one can easily predict run or pass play, based on just how the oline lines up.

It still comes down to execution, and whether the defense can even stop it.

Edited by pantherclaw