TheSpecialJuan

This will put your mind at ease in regards to Ryan being out this Sunday

• Carolina Panthers C Ryan Kalil may miss Week 3 with a neck injury, according to head coach Ron Rivera. After missing the Panthers’ Week 2 game against the Buffalo Bills, Kalil has sat out both Wednesday and Thursday practices this week.
  • Kalil had a very solid showing in Week 1, earning a grade of 76.3 which currently ranks fifth best among centers. Kalil is a stronger run blocker than pass blocker, having earned the seventh best run blocking grade among centers (75.6).
  • The Panthers would not be in bad hands if Kalil is unable to play this week. Backup C Tyler Larsen, who has filled in for Kalil, has a pass-blocking grade of 80.2, second highest among centers. He has not allowed a single pressure on 41 pass blocking snaps.
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 2

Larsen is the reason I'm not hitting the panic button about Kali or long term at C.

I hope I don't eat these words like. A year from now.

• Pie 2

I think Larsen would be an adequate replacement for Kalil. Especially if he is given time to learn protections and the things that Kalil would do for us. But asking him to just jump right in and start is a lot. Hope Kalil can find a way to get back this year and maybe start grooming Larsen or someone else has his successor 

• Pie 2

Larsen is a nice backup, but Kalil brings so much more to offense than just blocking.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Last week he didn't get practice reps with the first group. This week he has. he should be more than fine.

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

A better OC would help in not trying to force everyone to play perfectly.

Can you say anything else. You are like the boy who cried wolf. You bitch about the same thing so much no one pays you any attention.

Edited by panthers55
  • Beer 2

I'm more concerned with his protection calls than I am his individual play. Matt Kalil went from looking serviceable I  week one to looking like a paler Byron Bell in week two. Some of those whiffs were so bad that I have to imagine he had his assignment mixed up. 

• Pie 2