What is needed for the Panthers to do against the Saints.

There is much discussion of the Panthers first play on offense. But what should be done for this game.

The key is for us to set the pace early and fast.

My playcall would be a Single back 3 WR set with Dickson lined tight, play action pass. Every NFL team knows we are going to run. Our first play for most to all games is run. With a depleted Saints defense back end, attack it. We need speed; Shep, Curtis, and Byrd on the first play. Cam to Byrd or Samuel deep with play action pass. 

The second key on the to do list is implement the no huddle more. Cam needs to get inrhythm early.

I understand what the 1st two games were about. They were ensuring max ToP-low error-work Cam back to game speed. If Cam hits all the throws that he should, our point difference would have been greater. It is time for our offense to finish drives and tighten our Oline play. This game should help turn our 1995 Geo Metro 3 cyclinder into a 2017 top of the line Corvette Sting Ray. 

Our identity is ball control through rushing. Against the Saints, I see ball control through the short route, screens, and quick throws with this game due to a weak Saints pass D.

Our opportunities for turnovers will be great and our defense will bring another historic game with Brees having to carry the weight will make him error prone.

With our offense striking early with the first play and a quick 3 n out by the Saints. We will score again on no huddle as we transition to our diverse ground game with the occasional 15 yd pass splash plays. Our D is looking to score for the first time this Sunday.

Panthers win 34 to 10. I am looking for a different Panther offense in this game.

Edited by ecu88
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Need to take advantage of their pass defense. Don't try and run so much, since their run defense isn't a weakness.

Throw the quick ones and just hit them right where it hurts.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

Need to take advantage of their pass defense. Don't try and run so much, since their run defense isn't a weakness.

I'd honestly be surprised if we did this because identity or whatever.

And the coaching staff apologists would be all over defending this regardless of the outcome.

Just now, Saca312 said:

Exactly! It is time to address our prptections and short quick throws then stretch the D out for the KO. A version of NE offensive playcalling. I expect CMC and Curtis possibly Byrd to make some noise. KB will get his. Fun might surprise. This will be an attack pass first then pound the rock later game.

I'd like to see more 2 TE sets as it gives you two extra blockers at the line. I hope we finally start calling quick plays rather than a bunch of 7 step drops so our slow WR's can run fly routes while Cam gets blasted. 

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Many here refer to Shula as an ignorant, incompetent, play caller. I think it is more a case of stubbornness. And that stubbornness goes beyond the OC.

Shula is running the offense Ron wants, and I don't believe that philosophy would change significantly if Shula was gone tomorrow.

For better or worse, we want to be the Steelers of the Franco Harris or Jerome Bettis days.

8 hours ago, rayzor said:

And the coaching staff apologists would be all over defending this regardless of the outcome.

i throw quick ones all the time. maybe that's why i can't keep a girlfriend.

sar...quoted the wrong post. that's what 24hrs in an airport will do to you. still 20 more to go...

Edited by Mother Grabber
  • Pie 1