• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazi

Trump calls black NFL players son of a bitch

9 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Thanks Red - you stated things better then I.

This is not about the military anyone using them for or against this issue is using them as props.  My postings on military members were to illustrate the military is as diverse and opinionated as the rest of society and can opinionate themselves  - they are simply individuals with varying views.

Third paragraph... must have been an honest oversight:

Exercising the right that these men and women died protecting is a honoring them not disrespecting them.

image.png.794e4f36dd7ba194f262b337be990287.png

1 hour ago, twylyght said:

I think I understand their base message they want to convey, but I question the platform that they've opted to use.  Rather than doing something on the back of their own celebrity (like during their introduction to the stadium, after a big play, etc), they've opted to use the platform that has been traditionally used to honor our veterans.  Most of these guys are in their 20s, so I doubt they have the perspective of what exactly they are protesting.  I think a lot of them would be aware enough that they would think twice of doing it directly in front of a disabled veteran or officer.

On the flip side, all of the faux outrage put out by most politicians and the average American really don't understand nor respect the reason behind the honoring of the flag as a tribute to our veterans.  Everyone is trying to monkey hump this football in some race to be offended first.

Your second and third paragraph in full.

I read it - you tied this issue to disrespecting veterans.   I reject that notion outright - A veteran MAY find it direspectful or not.

They can have opinions and feelings just like anyone else burger flipper, homeless, teacher, nuke head maker since the action surrounds OUR COUNTRY's anthem (and flag).

17 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Your second and third paragraph in full.

I read it - you tied this issue to disrespecting veterans.   I reject that notion outright - A veteran MAY find it direspectful or not.

They can have opinions and feelings just like anyone else burger flipper, homeless, teacher, nuke head maker since the action surrounds OUR COUNTRY's anthem (and flag).

So, you honestly see zero difference between Colin Kaepernick and Jesse Owens?

There I was talking to a friend yesterday and he was telling me all about how he wasn't into letting players disrespect veterans, with me the veteran telling him its not about that.

6 minutes ago, cookinwithgas said:

There I was talking to a friend yesterday and he was telling me all about how he wasn't into letting players disrespect veterans, with me the veteran telling him its not about that.

Apparently something about sacrificing a life for a cause.....

Without any irony or understanding what the ultimate outcome of oppression is....

5 hours ago, twylyght said:

More straw men?  Apparently we can't have enough around here

the most heavily populated demographic of the lib movement...straw men have rights too! "hitler hated straw men"

Dammit I have to vent somewhere so might as well be here. My Facebook feed is not the place because I'd piss of friends and family and it just isn't worth it to me right now.  Just my random thoughts-

-I think it's disrespectful to not stand at attention during the anthem.

-I think it's the NFL players rights to do so to call attention to their cause.

-I think it's also the right of NFL owners to tell those players to to stand up or be fined, suspended, etc.

-I think protests are never pleasant.  

-The same people complaining about BLM and those marches ("why can't they protest peacefully") are complaining about kneeling during the anthem, which is as peaceful as you can be.

-I think the people saying the intent is to disrespect the flag or the military are listening to their own bias instead of what these players are actually saying.

-I think if our previous President had called a bunch of any group SOBs, he would be absolutely blasted for it by the same folks cheering our current President.

I do know this. If you don't think there is a race problem, you're either blind or blissfully ignorant. I've taken my high school basketball teams (mix of white and black) on road trips and have seen and heard some pretty crappy things.  "Oh looks like you have mostly good kids, so I bet the others are easy to keep in line".  REALLY? fug you.  

Was this the best way to protest, and is the message getting across?  Debatable.  But I'm sure someone would have told Rosa Parks there was a better way to protest too.

Enough of my rambling.  I'm sick and disgusted that this is even an issue.