• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gazi

Trump calls black NFL players son of a bitch

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how overwhelmingly stupid this man is.

Between this and the ignorant bullshit directed toward Jemele Hill for speaking the truth about who Trump really is, this could provide the spark to get a lot more players involved. I hope.

3 hours ago, King_Returns said:

Hegelian dialectical system

talk about this for three paragraphs in your own words. go

26 minutes ago, RetiredCollegeCoach said:

Hey look, found a picture of you:

lol this guy isn't a centrist, he's an edgelord who gets all his views from /pol/. he literally used some ".exe" meme-speak. there's cringe dripping out of every pore.

57 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Now he's pulling a little "you can't fire me, I quit" with Steph Curry. Steph was like lol fug no I'm not going to the White House, so Trump tweeted that the invitation is rescinded hahaha. How do you rescind an invitation that someone already threw in the trash

and LeBron already stood up for Steph. that was fast.

meanwhile NFL players are "son of a bitch" and the officials and reps there just sit back silently.

NBA > NFL

34 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

Both of these things point to the authoritarian base of the right. Do as you are told or you are fired. Trumpsters love that crap. Law and order. More cops, kick out the Mexicans, respect the president whether you like him or not. 

The unbelievably ironic part of it is these same people supporting this sort of rhetoric are the first to immediately cite the constitution when it suits their own interests.

"2ND AMENDMENT HA. YOU CAN'T TAKE MUH GUNZ"

"MUH FREE SPEECH"

I've noticed that the absurdly ultra-patriotic americans in this country almost always end up being the most ignorant.

16 minutes ago, TheRed said:

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how overwhelmingly stupid this man is.

Between this and the ignorant bullshit directed toward Jemele Hill for speaking the truth about who Trump really is, this could provide the spark to get a lot more players involved. I hope.

Cool story about her getting in "trouble" by ESPN last week. They were set to suspend her, but Michael Smith threatened to sit as well if they did. So, ESPN was set to go without both of them and replace them with 2 other black analysts, but those analysts also said if Jemele is suspended then they wouldn't go on the air either. Jemele ended up back on the show that night lol. 

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2017/09/14/espn-accused-of-trying-to-take-jemele-hill-off-the-air/amp/

I'm confident, and I've been stating on here for over a year that more players and people in general would start taking a stand. This all started with Kaepernick. He's pretty much laid his career on the line, and made a sacrifice that many wouldn't take. I've had to take a step back and realize how significant that is. The "black best friends" like Jim Brown, Ray Lewis, Jason Whitlocks, Stephen A Smiths, Daryl Strawberry won't be able to stop the players who are about to finally take a stand across all aisles (NFL, NBA, etc). Their man Trump has made it awfully hard for them.

It was all started by one man, and when you really think about it, what he's done is powerful as hell. 

4 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Cool story about her getting in "trouble" by ESPN last week. They were set to suspend her, but Michael Smith threatened to sit as well if they did. So, ESPN was set to go without both of them and replace them with 2 other black analysts, but those analysts also said if Jemele is suspended then they wouldn't go on the air either. Jemele ended up back on the show that night lol. 

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2017/09/14/espn-accused-of-trying-to-take-jemele-hill-off-the-air/amp/

I'm confident, and I've been stating on here for over a year that more players and people in general would start taking a stand. This all started with Kaepernick. He's pretty much laid his career on the line, and made a sacrifice that many wouldn't take. I've had to take a step back and realize how significant that is. The "black best friends" like Jim Brown, Ray Lewis, Jason Whitlocks, Stephen A Smiths, Daryl Strawberry won't be able to stop the players who are about to finally take a stand across all aisles (NFL, NBA, etc). Their man Trump has made it awfully hard for them.

It was all started by one man, and when you really think about it, what he's done is powerful as hell. 

White players need to step up. But I have doubts that many will. When you have numerous owners and the league itself who funnel millions to a man like Trump because they think he represents their "values", it's clear the league needs a swift pop to the mouth. I love my Panthers, but I'm increasingly losing my interest in watching anything the NFL has to offer.

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

White players need to step up. But I have doubts that many will. When you have numerous owners and the league itself who funnel millions to a man like Trump because they think he represents their "values", it's clear the league needs a swift pop to the mouth. I love my Panthers, but I'm increasingly losing my interest in watching anything the NFL has to offer.

You're right. More do need to step up, as they are still the majority but I and those in the fight are thankful for the ones that have stepped up; doesnt matter it's an athlete or regular joe. I have to remind myself sometimes that in these marches and protests, there's a huge number of white people who are marching and protesting. I was at a football game last year, falcons vs panthers, and I sat during the anthem. I got some flack, but it was this white couple who was sitting behind me and told me they understood. They ended up sitting just like me and my fiancé. Chris Long; that's a real a** dude. He's been active and has stood right beside Malcolm Jenkins during his protests. There's a few more white athletes who have done the same as well.

I agree with you, in that I'm losing interest. I still follow because 1.) there's active NFL players who are protesting that still need my support 2.) I plan on coming to Charlotte for a game and the ATL game, and will sit during the anthem 3.) It's tough to go cold turkey and quit. I've been watching the panthers since I was 9/10 years old and I'm 28 now. I grew up with the team. I will also admit that it's not just this current situation that's caused me to lose interest. It's also due to the violent nature of the sport. It's hard to know that I'm supporting a sport that leaves many athletes in bad shape after they retire. 

43 minutes ago, rodeo said:

lol this guy isn't a centrist, he's an edgelord who gets all his views from /pol/. he literally used some ".exe" meme-speak. there's cringe dripping out of every pore

Kinda figured he wasn't, but he just instantly made me think of the guy in that image. Bet he has that same shirt.

8 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

You're right. More do need to step up, as they are still the majority but I and those in the fight are thankful for the ones that have stepped up; doesnt matter it's an athlete or regular joe. I have to remind myself sometimes that in these marches and protests, there's a huge number of white people who are marching and protesting. I was at a football game last year, falcons vs panthers, and I sat during the anthem. I got some flack, but it was this white couple who was sitting behind me and told me they understood. They ended up sitting just like me and my fiancé. Chris Long; that's a real a** dude. He's been active and has stood right beside Malcolm Jenkins during his protests. There's a few more white athletes who have done the same as well.

I agree with you, in that I'm losing interest. I still follow because 1.) there's active NFL players who are protesting that still need my support 2.) I plan on coming to Charlotte for a game and the ATL game, and will sit during the anthem 3.) It's tough to go cold turkey and quit. I've been watching the panthers since I was 9/10 years old and I'm 28 now. I grew up with the team. I will also admit that it's not just this current situation that's caused me to lose interest. It's also due to the violent nature of the sport. It's hard to know that I'm supporting a sport that leaves many athletes in bad shape after they retire. 

This post sums up pretty much entirely how I feel.

On a side note relating to the last bit of your post about the violent nature of the sport. Did you read about the CTE results for Aaron Hernandez? It's a discussion that is only going to intensify now, as it should. But it really hits home when you see guys like Cam and Luke suffering head injuries. Oher pretty much retired because of it. At the end of the day it's all just entertainment, but I don't know where you go from here. It's hard to say.