Gazi

Trump calls black NFL players son of a bitch

20 minutes ago, TheRed said:

This post sums up pretty much entirely how I feel.

On a side note relating to the last bit of your post about the violent nature of the sport. Did you read about the CTE results for Aaron Hernandez? It's a discussion that is only going to intensify now, as it should. But it really hits home when you see guys like Cam and Luke suffering head injuries. Oher pretty much retired because of it. At the end of the day it's all just entertainment, but I don't know where you go from here. It's hard to say.

I did, and I know it won't be popular, but I feel sorry for AH. I know he did bad things, a lot of bad things before he even started playing football, but there's a lot of people close to him who say he lost it when he lost his father. That took him over the edge. I can believe it, and then his brain being mush didn't help the situation either.

Despite what folks say, about politics being the death of the sport and all that. It won't be politics that kill off football. It will be CTE and other head injuries. We, as a people; especially us younger individuals, are realizing that the sport is just too violent. These NFL players are basically out here risking their healths, and a lot of us are realizing that and becoming hesitant to support it. I know if and when I have a son, he won't be playing. CTE, not politics, will be the death of the sport.

• Pie 1

Lebron James with the m'fing smackdown.  

Social isolationism with a megaphone is and will continue to be annoying.  Orange cringe remains orange cringe.

If this guy willingly pulls himself into a feud with Lebron freaking James, I mean....wtf

Knowingly pinning himself against the two most popular basketball players in the world and NFL players....this may be like every controversy but like...what is this? Just cringe.  

Edited by saX man

My prediction? Carolina sees their first player take a knee Sunday.  League wide? A crazy amount of people take knee. 

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

nice company you're keeping there

Nah, from the get go you have discussed this topic and pretty much argued if you had any criticism of CK from his beginning it made you a closet racist.  That logic is still whack.  

But fug Trump.  The ball is getting moved now as all this evolves.  I'd debate kneeling now if I were a player and if asked I would specifically call out Trump as a primarily reason...because he is the opposite of what the country should be represented by and is putting us on a disastrous path. 

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Nah, from the get go you have discussed this topic and pretty much argued if you had any criticism of CK from his beginning it made you a closet racist.  That logic is still whack.  

this is bullshit. you've always argued against what you thought (or wanted others to think) were my positions. fug off with this straw man bullshit. you've never put together a coherent argument against kaepernick's kneeling. not once.

6 minutes ago, CRA said:

But fug Trump.  The ball is getting moved now as all this evolves.  I'd debate kneeling now if I were a player and if asked I would specifically call out Trump as a primarily reason...because he is the opposite of what the country should be represented by and is putting us on a disastrous path. 

hahaha wow. b-b-but what about our precious troops? our precious flag??? you'd debate kneeling now after everything you had to say about kaepernick's kneeling? you are so full of poo.

20 minutes ago, GOOGLE JIM BOB COOTER said:

this is bullshit. you've always argued against what you thought (or wanted others to think) were my positions. fug off with this straw man bullshit. you've never put together a coherent argument against kaepernick's kneeling. not once.

hahaha wow. b-b-but what about our precious troops? our precious flag??? you'd debate kneeling now after everything you had to say about kaepernick's kneeling? you are so full of poo.

My arguement was simplistic.  CK choose to kneel during the anthem which instantly made his actions about what the flag meant to people watching him....

and plenty of brothers and black NFL players said the same thing and wouldn't kneel for the same reason....despite supporting his cause. 

You can't wrap your head around that simplistic truth or the fact CK made some simplistic misteps early on that rightfully drew other criticism. 

and yeah, our troops are badass.  They enlist and are willing to do whatever when called upon....so that CK and everyone else can be Americans.  

and yes, I would debate kneeling now. Ball continues to move.  That is called not being someone that thinks everything in life is black and white.  There is gray....too few discuss things in a an all black and white, left and right, can only be all in or all against mindset.   Which is how most emotionally charged topic gets discussed.  

Simply put, Donald Trump moves the ball.  Whatever cause you think you are down for.....you really aren't helping when you bash people who agree with you overall but won't on every aspect. I ain't never met anyone I agree with every aspect of something large and complex.   That's okay, you know....