On Fox's postgame, Michael Strahan made a statement about Cam Newton not being able to throw effectively past 10 yards today.

If he said more about why, I missed it, but I'd guess it has to do with his shoulder.

If this is correct, opposing DCs are gonna notice, and it's gonna be pretty difficult to have an effective offense in weeks to come. Doubly true given that our offense lives or dies on having effective downfield threats.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2

I really doubt its his ability to throw the deep ball. I think DCs just know Shula like a book now. He's been figured out just like Mike Martz. Unless he can somehow change its going to suck till he is fired. 

• Pie 1

If God was real he would have given our Shula at least 1% of his Fathers ability/talent.

• Pie 2

He overthrew Funchess on a deep pass by 10 yards. So its not an arm strength issue. But it did seem like they were trying to protect him from throwing. Arguably they were doing the same in the first two games and got away with it. Unfortunately they lost the initiative by doing so.

With virtually no Preseason and little to no practice during the week how the hell could Cam throw a deep ball with any degree of success?

• Pie 3

Just now, SeoulPanther said:

He overthrew Funchess on a deep pass by 10 yards. So its not an arm strength issue. But it did seem like they were trying to protect him from throwing. Arguably they were doing the same in the first two games and got away with it. Unfortunately they lost the initiative by doing so.

Strength is only part of the equation.

You have to be able to put it in the right spot, and if your shoulder isn't quite right...

• Pie 5

Well no one can create separation down field, what do you expect? 

Speaking of, Samuel was clocked as the 3rd fastest ball carrier today in the NFL. Why can't we use him correctly?

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Well they havent tried much but his timing is way off and he is not setting his feet or reading progressions.  He is locking in on WRs and is really inaccurate half the time.  He needs to get real serious about this cause its been bad for a while.

1 minute ago, Saca312 said:

I'm telling you right now it's the Shula revolutionary design. It's why no matter if you have Anderson or Brady back there it's ugly. No balance and same vanilla formations. 

• Pie 3