TN05

Kony Ealy earns game ball for Jets after his sister's death

Even though many people were down on him, I'm still very sorry to hear this and glad he balled out today. I do honestly hope he finds success

• Pie 1

Hope he catches on up there.  It'd be nice to see the Pats get fugged all the way around on this.

• Pie 6

I think they talked about his story with his sister when he was drafted. 

As much poo as people give him on here and on social media while being a panther, he is still human, and to have that commitment to a loved one is special. 

Sorry for his loss

• Pie 2

Ealy has all the talent needed to be a good DL.  He just hasn't been able to put that talent together to become a good player.  I hope this is the start of it for him.

• Pie 1

Really hope he starts building something with the Jets. That would be phenomenal.

Hate he never worked out for us, but I'll never forget his Superbowl performance and how he almost single-handedly got us a lombardi. He has the talent. Just needs a spark in motivation.

Condolences to his family through this terrible loss.

• Pie 4

oh that is awful to hear about his sister. man. he became her primary caregiver while he was still in high school I believe. god, I can't imagine how he's feeling. glad he was able to have a good game. it's good to remind yourself of the human side of players.

• Pie 1

Hate to hear that for the guy. Regardless of how good or bad he was, never like to hear of somebody losing a family member so young. Cheers to Ealy for enduring this and honoring his sister's memory with an impressive performance on the field.

He may have had a rough start here (and one fantastic game in the Superb Owl), but he always seemed to be a great young man with a lot of character who had come up through some incredibly hard times.

I hope he keeps having success with the Jets and reaches that immense potential that he has within him.