Inimicus

Lets get it on record: Guns or Human Lives?

Lets get it on record: Guns or Human Lives?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Im willing to significantly restrict access to firearms because Im tired of the mass shootings

13 minutes ago, TheRed said:

Beyond home defense, and even that is questionable considering statistics involving home shootings, I just don't understand the desire to own multiple firearms even as a hobby. These are weapons created for the sole purpose of ending life. That isn't a hobby. The hobby excuse is just a cheap line from Americans looking for something to feed their own violent tendencies. 

Its as much a hobby as building hot rods or archery. 

Yes its a deadly hobby but a hobby none the less.  Trying to paint it as anything else says more about those discounting the hobby than it does the hobbyist.

Shooting is fun. Like a lot of things that people enjoy doing it involves an element of danger but that doesn't make it inherently deadly.

However as dangerous as skiing might be under certain circumstances no one is going to kill 50+ people with a set of skis.  Thus my willingness to give up my toys if the law of the land were changed.

Edited by Inimicus

6 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Its as much a hobby as building hot rods or archery. 

Yes its a deadly hobby but a hobby none the less.  Trying to paint it as anything else says more about those discounting the hobby than it does as the hobbyist.

Shooting is fun. Like a lot of things that people enjoy doing it involves an element of danger but that doesn't make it inherently deadly.

However as dangerous as skiing might be under certain circumstances no one is going to kill 50+ people with a set of skis.  Thus my willingness to give up my toys if the law of the land were changed.

Ehhhh, comparing it with building hot rods or archery is fairly preposterous.

If you like it, great for you. But it isn't a hobby.

Edited by TheRed
  • Poo 1

I don't agree with the misconception that if people enjoy shooting guns that they are inherently violent. 

The majority of guns used in homicides are small capacity handguns. Most of these guns are illegal and were stolen/illegally obtained/serial numbers scratched off. Are those people going to turn in those guns? You can't infringe on a Constitutional right because literally a fraction of a percent of people with legal ownership commit atrocities. As straw man as it is, an argument could be made for automobiles as a tool of death and destruction. They kill more people on a yearly basis in some capacity, negligence or intentional, in America. 

There isn't an easy answer. Personally I'm in favor of stricter reform and regulations. However If people want to commit mass murderous acts, they will find a way. Whether guns are illegal or not. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheRed said:

Ehhhh, comparing it with building hot rods or archery is fairly preposterous.

If you like it, great for you. But it isn't a hobby 

Its funny that I seem to be the only gun owner on this forum thats willing to admit I buy guns because I like them and not for some trumped up bullshit about "mah feedomz" or "defending 'muricuah from dah gubmint" and you still want to try to call bullshit on me.

Protip: that poo is as bad as the NRA propaganda

Good luck with that...

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Inimicus said:

Its funny that I seem to be the only gun owner on this forum thats willing to admit I buy guns because I like them and not for some trumped up bullshit about "mah feedomz" or "defending 'muricuah from dah gubmint" and you still want to try to call bullshit on me.

Good luck with that...

I'm not calling bullshit on you. I'm calling bullshit on Americans. This country has had an irrational obsession with firearms for countless decades. It's ingrained in our culture. We didn't get to this point in modern society where we have millions upon millions of firearms throughout the country because it was merely a fun "hobby". That's a lot of f*cking bloodshed over the last hundred plus years for a hobby.

If you want to begin a discussion about how to address this complicated issue moving forward, you first need to get past this lip service about hobbies.

• Poo 1

4 hours ago, Squirrel said:

Reason being severely restricting firearms will just leads to lunitics to start using homemade bombs.  

I'll take a chance with rednecks blowing themselves up 

29 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

Good luck with that...

if it's a hobby more power to you. 

Ban all machine guns. make any sale of mods that might make semi pistols and rifles auto or burst. And fug you if you think you should own a silencee. 

p..s. I have and have had couple of glocks (still keeping Zastava) got rid of my rifles and shotguns. I am not longer into killing animals. 

Edited by Gazi

3 hours ago, Inimicus said:

You think ammonium nitrate and diesel are the only things to make powerful bombs out of?  I could come out of Home Depot in the morning with a cart load of mats that would devastate any "soft" target and not set off a single alert with DHS.

I was 21b. Let's just say I know my way around. 

I have nothing against responsible gun owners. But Americans have to stop with this constant self deception as a means of rationalizing obsession. We want guns for simple purely selfish reasons regardless of how right you may feel. You can sugarcoat it with harmless labels like calling it a "hobby", but we all know better. You can't evaluate this situation and move forward if you are lying to yourself from the jump. Nothing changes with this mindset. I'm sorry if that offends some of you, but we've been doing this song and dance all along and not only has nothing gotten better, it's gotten markedly worse with more societal advancements and modern technology. Stop bullshitting, and face it head on.

• Poo 1