Inimicus

Lets get it on record: Guns or Human Lives?

Lets get it on record: Guns or Human Lives?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Im willing to significantly restrict access to firearms because Im tired of the mass shootings

what about a car? will I still be able to buy a car? 

5 hours ago, Panthro said:

I vote for human guns

... I vote for vaginas as well.

I am not anti gun.  I have guns.  

But America as a whole has a bullshit rational of the 2nd amendment and our need guns galore. 

Yes, other countries have clamped down on guns after mass shootings.  Bad guys still get guns.  Lost in the bad guys still get guns mantra is the great strides and reduction in mass attacks the clamping down generated.   I don’t buy that great reduction isn’t worth it just because someone can still buy a knife or drive a car or find a means to get a gun.  What we witnessed in LV simply isn’t going to happen in Austrialia for example.  Can bad things with guns still happen? Sure.  The scenario wouldn’t set itself up comparably though.  

2nd amendment wasn’t written because fhe Founding Fathers believed the LV shooter has he red, white and blue right to arm himself like he did.  That is a new spin IMO. 

More importantly, we have a mental health issue in this country.   We as a society also do our best to create crazy folks with our everyday bullshit of wanting everything to be “us vs them” and cram that down people’s throats every second of the day.  

1 hour ago, g5jamz said:

Wrong question.  Ban fully auto and all mods hat make them fully auto.

Because we all need semi autos with armor piecing billets to protect our homes and hunt? 

If you need that to protect yourself....you ain’t living right to begin with.  Might want to address that first and foremost 

11 hours ago, d-dave said:

So do nothing.

I don't mean to single you out, but I'm really f'ing tired of seeing these "thoughts and prayers" and facebook photos bullshit.  There is something that can be done.  May it's right, maybe it's wrong, but there are things that can be done.  I'd rather see something done than a collective "oh well, can't do anything meaningful" crap.

Call your reps and politely let them know what you want.  If enough people do that, we might just prove that we in fact own our country.

Image may contain: meme, cat and text

33 minutes ago, CRA said:

I am not anti gun.  I have guns.  

But America as a whole has a bullshit rational of the 2nd amendment and our need guns galore. 

Yes, other countries have clamped down on guns after mass shootings.  Bad guys still get guns.  Lost in the bad guys still get guns mantra is the great strides and reduction in mass attacks the clamping down generated.   I don’t buy that great reduction isn’t worth it just because someone can still buy a knife or drive a car or find a means to get a gun.  What we witnessed in LV simply isn’t going to happen in Austrialia for example.  Can bad things with guns still happen? Sure.  The scenario wouldn’t set itself up comparably though.  

2nd amendment wasn’t written because fhe Founding Fathers believed the LV shooter has he red, white and blue right to arm himself like he did.  That is a new spin IMO. 

More importantly, we have a mental health issue in this country.   We as a society also do our best to create crazy folks with our everyday bullshit of wanting everything to be “us vs them” and cram that down people’s throats every second of the day.  

Bad guys get guns because our country is flooded with them.

I own one gun for very rare hunting.  I respect people and their rights that own multiple guns - different hunting/sporting needs, personal protection, etc.  

What I dont get is the need to have so much high power/ rapid fire arsenal - we need to step WAY back from that and go through a process of backing off the arms race our country is in with itself.

Edited by Fryfan

Reading few the people here there seems to be gun owners that want reform.

Where is our power political lobby, where is our voice?   Because we wouldn't sell a crapload of guns for the indutry do we not have the way to be heard?

34 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Bad guys get guns because our country is flooded with them.

I own one gun for very rare hunting.  I respect people and their rights that own multiple guns - different hunting/sporting needs, personal protection, etc.  

What I dont get is the need to have so much high power/ rapid fire arsenal - we need to step WAY back from that and go through a process of backing off the arms race our country is in with itself.

I got no issue with self defense or hunting.

I don’t need 12 semi auto rifles with armour piercing bullets to do either.   2nd amendent was not written to be and shouldn’t allow citizens to arm themselves anyway they like....under the guns are cool, I like them, I want them all mantra. 

55 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Reading few the people here there seems to be gun owners that want reform.

Where is our power political lobby, where is our voice?   Because we wouldn't sell a crapload of guns for the indutry do we not have the way to be heard?

This to me is one of the biggest issues to overcome.  There doesn't seem to be an alternative to the NRA that supports reduced "rights" and stays away from the fear mongering.

9 hours ago, Gazi said:

I am not longer into killing animals. 

We're just more removed from the killing as a society these days. Seems like most people who make these types of comments just finished a bacon cheeseburger.