• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inimicus

Lets get it on record: Guns or Human Lives?

Lets get it on record: Guns or Human Lives?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Im willing to significantly restrict access to firearms because Im tired of the mass shootings

34 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Bad guys get guns because our country is flooded with them.

I own one gun for very rare hunting.  I respect people and their rights that own multiple guns - different hunting/sporting needs, personal protection, etc.  

What I dont get is the need to have so much high power/ rapid fire arsenal - we need to step WAY back from that and go through a process of backing off the arms race our country is in with itself.

I got no issue with self defense or hunting.

I don’t need 12 semi auto rifles with armour piercing bullets to do either.   2nd amendent was not written to be and shouldn’t allow citizens to arm themselves anyway they like....under the guns are cool, I like them, I want them all mantra. 

55 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Reading few the people here there seems to be gun owners that want reform.

Where is our power political lobby, where is our voice?   Because we wouldn't sell a crapload of guns for the indutry do we not have the way to be heard?

This to me is one of the biggest issues to overcome.  There doesn't seem to be an alternative to the NRA that supports reduced "rights" and stays away from the fear mongering.

9 hours ago, Gazi said:

I am not longer into killing animals. 

We're just more removed from the killing as a society these days. Seems like most people who make these types of comments just finished a bacon cheeseburger.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

We're just more removed from the killing as a society these days. Seems like most people who make these types of comments just finished a bacon cheeseburger.

I prefer to eat animals that lived a natural life and where killed in a hunt.  But I am the odd man out.

If I am to purchase meat I always visit the farm where it comes from to see the animals in person before I buy from the farmer.

31 minutes ago, Inimicus said:

This to me is one of the biggest issues to overcome.  There doesn't seem to be an alternative to the NRA that supports reduced "rights" and stays away from the fear mongering.

This. I'm an avid gun owner and worked in the industry for several years. Still have lots of industry ties and dabble on the side with some contract work to keep those ties (and very nice product discounts).

Not a fan of the NRA's hardline approach. I'd have no issues with expanded background checks and honestly, I'm not sure of a good argument against them.

Just now, Fryfan said:

I prefer to eat animals that lived a natural life and where killed in a hunt.  But I am the odd man out.

Agree. I find it ironic how many people who eat meat don't condone hunting. What is the more ethical thing to do, eat an animal that was bred and raised in captivity for no other reason than to be killed and end up on a plate or pursue a wild animal that has a natural fear of humans that has plenty of opportunities of escape?

I'm not judging people who get all their meat in the grocery store, all I'm saying is that they're absolute fuging hypocrites if they're bashing hunting and the killing of animals while their fridge is full of meat.

Election reform would go a LONG way on this issue.    Getting company money out of contributions to politicians and lobbyists out of there so these guys aren't bought and paid for by the NRA (and other companies of course).     A large majority of the country agrees (on both sides) that something needs to be done and I believe there are compromises but when you're bought by the NRA and such, it's not going to happen.     For matters like this, I believe we should be able to go to the ballot box and cast a vote OURSELFs.

I own 10 firearms of different types/sizes/calibers.

We need more restrictions to at least TRY to help the problem. At this point, we aren't even trying.

Every law abiding citizen with no mental health red flags should be allowed to own firearms if they so desire. But, they should also be responsible adults enough to know that with gun ownership comes responsibility and potential liability

There's not much we can do about the black market, really, but we need to do something in the areas that we can.

Remember when Trump rolled back regulations making it harder for mentally ill people to buy guns? 

Trump always plays to his base.  Trump isn’t going to do anything that makes it more difficult for people to get guns in there hands.   Not now. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Remember when Trump rolled back regulations making it harder for mentally ill people to buy guns? 

Trump always plays to his base.  Trump isn’t going to do anything that makes it more difficult for people to get guns in there hands.   Not now. 

I wonder if his family has stocks in the gun manufacturers.

15 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

I wonder if his family has stocks in the gun manufacturers.

now would be a good time to buy as this will raise the prices higher...

2 minutes ago, heel31ok said:

now would be a good time to buy as this will raise the prices higher...

It already happened like hours after the shooting 

1 minute ago, Zaximus said:

It already happened like hours after the shooting 

It did.

But they are already back in decline from the spike.  The NRA needs to figure out how to sell fear and support Trump.  Its tricky for them.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    BPAPP

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts