• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

Vegas shooter researched other cities, venues...

From my perspective this just goes to show even more how oblivious the average Americans are that spend their days worrying about keeping out scary immigrants from Mexico or the Middle East because said immigrants must only be coming here because they want to kill us all so better to be safe than sorry. Meanwhile you're far more likely to be taken out by a mass murdering terrorist that was born on American soil than those scary immigrants.

Terrorism is defined in the Code of Federal Regulations as “the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives” (28 C.F.R.)

--

It was an act of terror.   But as federal defined not terrorism as far as we know at this point.

5 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

How the hell is this not terrorism again?

Because he's not a Muslim.  (insert sarcasm)

15 minutes ago, Gazi said:

y'all let me know when he crises the line and becomes a terrorist 

Once motive  has been determined. But imo anyone who tries to put fear on the public is a terrorist. 

6 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

I would call it terrorism personally, but I believe law enforcement defines terrorism as an attack that has some sort of political motive.

Not just law enforcement, but the dictionary 

the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, especially for political purposes.

If the guy just killed because he wanted to cause death or destruction, and or scare the crap out of people, or he wanted to be the new record holder (sadly, its possible), then he is a psycho.  If he had some political goal in mind, such as Timothy Mcveigh, then he is a terrorist.  If he had a political goal, then he didn't make it very clear.  

20 hours ago, pantherj said:

Here is what could have happened. Vegas shooter has lost a lot of money to Vegas. He decides to damage Vegas as much as possible. Shooting rampage and his death. It's probably that simple.

Then he wouldn't have checked out the other cities. 

Could be a reach, but could him checking other cities be way to throw the trail off as far as motive goes in some way?......It just seems that if you had a motive, (im pretty sure he did, but what who knows?) you would want to make a point. If you wanted to make a point, you wouldn't deliberately try to take steps to disguise it though....

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Then he wouldn't have checked out the other cities. 

At this point, it appears that he just wanted to pick a venue that allowed him to cause the most casualties.  As horrific as it may seem, there is a little part of me that wonders if he just wanted to get his name in the record books?

6 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

At this point, it appears that he just wanted to pick a venue that allowed him to cause the most casualties.  As horrific as it may seem, there is a little part of me that wonders if he just wanted to get his name in the record books?

Maybe so. It's hard to figure out why crazy people do crazy things, even harder when they are dead. I personally don't care why he did it. I just want to find ways to keep these things from happening again. Clearly he needed mental help. And clearly the tools he used to carry out the task were incredibly efficient. We have to find away to keep such deadly tools out of peoples hands and of course get help for people with mental issues.  Of course we already knew all of this and have said it 100 times.

21 minutes ago, Cat said:

Maybe so. It's hard to figure out why crazy people do crazy things, even harder when they are dead. I personally don't care why he did it. I just want to find ways to keep these things from happening again. Clearly he needed mental help. And clearly the tools he used to carry out the task were incredibly efficient. We have to find away to keep such deadly tools out of peoples hands and of course get help for people with mental issues.  Of course we already knew all of this and have said it 100 times.

IMG_20171004_170955.jpg

23 minutes ago, Cat said:

It appears that he was very good at hiding his issues.  I don't think its physically possible to identify every crazy person who might do something like this.  I also think that if a crazy but clever person decides to do something like this, (especially a rich one), then its very difficult to stop them.  Perhaps we should try to ensure its not easy for them though.  

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    rahamjango7

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts