NAS

Cam apologizes

16 hours ago, TheRed said:

To all the white people of the huddle.

If you bash Cam for that apology, but give Jourdan a pass, please do not ever return here to give your 2 cents on equality anymore.

i will qualify my defense of jourdan rodrigue because she probably isn't a raging racist but may sling her privilege distastefully and carry water for racists. who knows.

but:

if things i said/wrote 10-15 years ago were around today and used against me i'd be done on these forums. i've been open about my past as an insulated, isolated white kid growing up in an extremist white supremacist social environment, and i carried those views rabidly through high school and my colorful college republicans tenure before traveling the world and doing a 180 on virtually every conceivable issue.

if someone found my college republicans blog posts and didn't allow for growth and change as a variable (and didn't read my tinderbox posts) i'd look like the world's biggest piece of poo. thus i personally can appreciate it when people have enough kindness in their hearts to give people like jourdan the benefit of the doubt even when that benefit might not be given to them.

• Pie 4

also you are the most sanctimonious and unbearably obnoxious person on these forums even though i agree with 99% of your posts, like a yippy and annoying twenty pound attack dog that you tolerate for security but deeply disdain. please change for the love of god

• Beer 1
  • Cargos 1

4 hours ago, PhillyB said:

i will qualify my defense of jourdan rodrigue because she probably isn't a raging racist but may sling her privilege distastefully and carry water for racists. who knows.

but:

if things i said/wrote 10-15 years ago were around today and used against me i'd be done on these forums. i've been open about my past as an insulated, isolated white kid growing up in an extremist white supremacist social environment, and i carried those views rabidly through high school and my colorful college republicans tenure before traveling the world and doing a 180 on virtually every conceivable issue.

if someone found my college republicans blog posts and didn't allow for growth and change as a variable (and didn't read my tinderbox posts) i'd look like the world's biggest piece of poo. thus i personally can appreciate it when people have enough kindness in their hearts to give people like jourdan the benefit of the doubt even when that benefit might not be given to them.

fug off....  people do not change because when issue presents itself over and over again people almost always go back to their original form like a damn rubber band people do not change they rearrange themselves to be more presentable to function in society better but not unless something truly Trumatic happens do they deviate from their core.  So by white supremacist i see you AND I DO NOT believe you.  racism is embedded in your subconscious and is the dark passenger that drives this car called your behaviors. So in a sense you can only  be aware, and since I'm aware of you I will steer clear and I'm sure you're glad 

Edited by darrybear
  • Poo 2

7 hours ago, PhillyB said:

but:

I don't think she is a "raging racist". Her tweets to me are more an example of casual racism. We aren't talking white hoods and burning crosses. But there are a lot of people out there like that who harbor tendencies. Some are more overt than others, and some just hide behind a general dismissive attitude of the struggles minorities face. But the instances of casual racism have absolutely increased in my eyes the last few years. We're going in the wrong direction, that is for certain.

I'm gonna be honest man. I feel like you are more an exception to the rule in that regard. Not many people can pull a 180 like that, and I really doubt many of the current crop of white folks shitting up the country will find that way out like you did. Regardless, I think you're in a much different place compared to this situation. Her comments were barely 5 years ago whereas you've had about what, 15 years to come to these realizations? I'm not saying she can't or hasn't, but that's not a lot of time, especially considering she's still only just now in her mid twenties.

If you need an idea of what I'm getting at in regards to the "aw shucks, she's just a kid, they make mistakes" kind of response from some white people about her past comments, look at all the conversations we've had here about BLM and police brutality. Anytime a young black youth is killed by a cop or a wannabe cop (Zimmerman), their past and anything remotely wrong that they've done is put under a microscope and used as a means of validating the notion that they had it coming. They don't get a pass for it. So in that frame of mind I absolutely take exception to the "oh you don't know her personally, how can you say that?" tone deaf responses.

Even in another thread I talked about how Cam still to this day gets called out for things that happened almost a decade ago. The "icon and entertainer" remarks, and the laptop incident. Both of which have already been brought up at least once this season already.

Overall I think Jourdan is a decent person at the very least, but I think being a white woman makes rationalizing and moving past her remarks that much more easy and convenient compared to others who won't get that benefit of the doubt from the jump. That's basically what I'm getting at.

7 hours ago, PhillyB said:

also you are the most sanctimonious and unbearably obnoxious person on these forums even though i agree with 99% of your posts, like a yippy and annoying twenty pound attack dog that you tolerate for security but deeply disdain. please change for the love of god

Meh, there's always going to be some hurt feelings and bruised egos in these discussions. I admit going overboard sometimes. If I go too far and need to apologize to someone I will. With all the douchebaggery that goes on throughout the internet daily, I think the discussion that goes on here, even at it's most tense breaking point, is better than most of what you'll see elsewhere. Facebook is basically a disease unfortunately. Anyway, no hard feelings.

Edited by TheRed
  • Pie 1

4 hours ago, darrybear said:

fug off....  people do not change because when issue presents itself over and over again people almost always go back to their original form like a damn rubber band people do not change they rearrange themselves to be more presentable to function in society better but not unless something truly Trumatic happens do they deviate from their core.  So by white supremacist i see you AND I DO NOT believe you.  racism is embedded in your subconscious and is the dark passenger that drives this car called your behaviors. So in a sense you can only  be aware, and since I'm aware of you I will steer clear and I'm sure you're glad 

yikes.

racism is the dark passenger that drives my behavior? i vocally oppose white supremacist groups, vocally support BLM movements, oppose structural violence in our law enforcement, believe poverty is systemic, stand with kaep... etc. these are positions i have held for years. you believe white supremacy is driving that?

i am an ally and you're gonna pull some unqualified phsychobabble to suggest i'm something i'm demonstrably not? get outta here with that poo

• Pie 4

I enjoy her columns but she should be held accountable for what she said on social media.

They're two separate issues and both handled them appropriately. Time to move on.

• The D 1

9 hours ago, darrybear said:

YES GET THAT YAKUBIAN DEVIL!!!!

God this trash is just endless

Edited by SZ James (banned)
  • Poo 1

17 hours ago, PhillyB said:

Holy poo how did I miss this. :)

15 hours ago, darrybear said:

1393192312639_o.jpg

On October 6, 2017 at 4:45 AM, iamhubby1 said:

So glad you are so comfortable being flippant over such a sensitive subject.

By the way. Who is our Vice President? lol Sorry, no need to respond, I was be facetious. 

yeah thanks i guess? Idk what this has to do with the VP

Feminism, haha. woMEN want to be the same as men, start your own damn football league then. Liberals turning on their own kind, black power Cam Newton vs the woMEN, the fake news media must be conflicted about which lib to stick up for. Funny internal lib fights lol.

• Poo 1

On 10/7/2017 at 12:16 PM, PhillyB said:

yikes.

racism is the dark passenger that drives my behavior? i vocally oppose white supremacist groups, vocally support BLM movements, oppose structural violence in our law enforcement, believe poverty is systemic, stand with kaep... etc. these are positions i have held for years. you believe white supremacy is driving that?

i am an ally and you're gonna pull some unqualified phsychobabble to suggest i'm something i'm demonstrably not? get outta here with that poo

But but but you're white, you're inherently racist and can't possibly understand the oppression the blacks in society today face, you know like making millions to chase around a pigskin on Sunday afternoon. Your white privilege ( or is it full blown white supremacy now) blinds you from this truth.

• Poo 1