Jump to content
mjligon

“Pickin’ It” - Week 5 edition

Recommended Posts

Amazing to me that the experts are nearly unanimous in picking the Lions when the line says it should be a close game. It’s almost like the pundits don’t particularly like Carolina, or maybe their QB...strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Gee, everyone picked against us last week too. How'd that work out for them? Funny, we can go beat the Pats in Foxboro, but then the Lions are so much better than us that not one single outlet picks us to win? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Amazing to me that the experts are nearly unanimous in picking the Lions when the line says it should be a close game. It’s almost like the pundits don’t particularly like Carolina, or maybe their QB...strange. 

 

From an objective point of view I'd pick the Lions too. They are home and playing as good as any team outside of Kansas City. Meanwhile the Panthers are banged up all over the place and Cam has only had one good game and that was against a completely out of sorts NE defense.

 

Edited by Cary Kollins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joemac said:

Gee, everyone picked against us last week too. How'd that work out for them? Funny, we can go beat the Pats in Foxboro, but then the Lions are so much better than us that not one single outlet picks us to win? 

well that one picked a split... so someone actually gave us sort of a chance...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, OriginalPantherDan said:

Amazing to me that the experts are nearly unanimous in picking the Lions when the line says it should be a close game. It’s almost like the pundits don’t particularly like Carolina, or maybe their QB...strange. 

I don’t think it’s actually unanimous. It’s just that the majority from each site picked the Lions so it could be as close as 6-5. From what I’ve seen it’s around 70-30 in favor of Detroit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




8 hours ago, Cary Kollins said:

 

From an objective point of view I'd pick the Lions too. They are home and playing as good as any team outside of Kansas City. Meanwhile the Panthers are banged up all over the place and Cam has only had one good game and that was against a completely out of sorts NE defense.

 

From a non-homer perspective, I'm looking at this game as pretty evenly matched and one of those games where it will be close and come down to home field advantage. 

The way those guys are playing I wouldn't be surprised to see  them in the playoffs. Might have  rematch if things work out right.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rayzor said:

From a non-homer perspective, I'm looking at this game as pretty evenly matched and one of those games where it will be close and come down to home field advantage. 

The way those guys are playing I wouldn't be surprised to see  them in the playoffs. Might have  rematch if things work out right.

 

    The Lions really are a mirror image of us. They want to run the ball, and use safe passes, to move the ball down the field. Then throw in a pass down the field every so often. They also want to stop the run, and keep passes in front of them.

 

    The only difference? We have more talent. The Lions are getting there, but they are not quite there yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual, it is going to be about Cam and if he can keep up with Stafford

defense concerns me   Injuries and age

id like to see Bryan Cox get a go  as god knows Charles Johnson is slower and as nonexistent as my dead grandmother 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      18,955
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    bigswingingblackroots
    Joined
  • Topics

×