Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeremy Igo

If Matt Kalil is inactive, do you start Amini or Moton?

Recommended Posts

What a bust Matt Kalil is shaping up to be...damn shame. Meanwhile Andrew Whitworth is helping the Rams morph into a formidable offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


4 minutes ago, ecu88 said:

Ziggy is going to bend Amini over with the bull rush all game

He is a guard....if anything he can handle a bull rush. Its what they face every pass play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK Shula...screens to the left all game.  That will slow ole' Ziggy down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I hate Amini's play (such documentation can be found here on the Huddle) I am a little hesitant throwing Moton out there at LT as the starter. Moton has shown flashes of being a beast but asking to be the starter I don't know.  Amini at least has the experience, even if that is a poo-storm of inconsistency. It's a coin-toss IMO...maybe we get a great surprise either way. Tough call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let the Michigan Native and Central Michigan Alum get the start at Detroit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, hepcat said:

What a bust Matt Kalil is shaping up to be...damn shame. Meanwhile Andrew Whitworth is helping the Rams morph into a formidable offense.

I can't help but to think JR had a hand in bringing in most of our FAs. Then again Whitworth might have just wanted to play on the west coast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

We all know Ron is gonna put Amini out there at first and Ziggy is gonna annihilate him.

Not if you have TEs to help out with chip or double team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

Not if you have TEs to help out with chip or double team.

The issue with Amini is he's just not very strong for an OL. He is gonna get bull rushed instead of beat around the edges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Daeavorn said:

The issue with Amini is he's just not very strong for an OL. He is gonna get bull rushed instead of beat around the edges.

The beauty with TE is you can motion the TE into backfield as FB and become 2nd layer blocker for bull rush or do inline if it's a  wide rush. You are  always able to adapt to defense scheme!

 

59c8222cdb254_ScreenShot2017-04-16at11_21_48PM.png.26c8e99350aff63a0b8484272f349716.png2.thumb.png.e3c8cc4d87b613a4af3a51aef4b20fc7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sanjay_rajput said:

The beauty with TE is you can motion the TE into backfield as FB and become 2nd layer blocker for bull rush or do inline if it's a  wide rush. You are  always able to adapt to defense scheme!

Dude you need to let it go. Tight Ends are not the solution to every problem. You will see on Sunday if we start Amini. Green Dog blitzes can take the extra TEs out of the game very well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      19,373
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    Imbacksucker
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      141,094
    • Total Posts
      4,496,229
×