• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoungPanthers89

Hall to IR, Southward to active roster

I don't care much about Hall to IR because he was never going to contribute this year anyways so that's fine. But having 6 safeties on the roster is ridiculous. Both Coleman and Cox will be back relatively soon and Worley (when healthy) in an emergency could play safety with Seymour sticking at corner. Makes no sense to have both Southward and Byrd.

11 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Yes we have 6 safeties on the roster--ridiculous. 

And it's still the weak link.

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

He definitely does, but I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. We did kind of need the roster spot for a safety and with Cox on the active roster and healthy there wasn't much opportunity for Hall to play.

It's  good thing if you are the GM or on the coaching staff because it's a built in excuse for a poor record and helps save jobs. That's the only reason he and Fox made it so long without getting fired.

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

I'd rather see Jones released, and have Hall recover  vs going on IR, I don't think there were any serious reports regarding  injury. 

could always bring him back. you can bring two players back from IR, one of which is reserved for Olsen.

Why does anybody think we need a defensive end, when our project of a 3rd rounder goes to ir?

It's not like our depth has suddenly changed.

26 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Another gettleman pick not helping us at all

Most 3rd round DE have to develop, and would be nothing but part of the rotation (limited) if all went well. 

I also don't get the Gettleman comment at all, considering this is an injury. 

Did Gettleman sabotage Hall into having an injury?

Or was this just another completely off based comment.

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

Hurney pulls it faster than anyone

Sometimes I wish I had pulled it faster

13 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Bryan Cocks was a bigger factor and made more plays in preseason games than Hall.

My thoughts exactly. With his size, not sure he is an every down lineman, but he seemed to be better as a pure pass rusher at this stage in their development.

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Another gettleman pick not helping us at all

He can't help it if hurney throws them all to the IR with the quickness. Stop being dumb 

42 minutes ago, YoungPanthers89 said:

Me thinks Bryan Cox Jr. is gonna end up getting some PT at some point

I was actually hoping he'd make the final 53 roster, so I wouldn't be against this. I also think this will happen after they finally find out which four of the 12 safeties we have right now can actually play as a starter for special teams and be a backup for the defense. (Looking at you Jones.... yeah, no, you ain't it).