YoungPanthers89

Hall to IR, Southward to active roster

4 minutes ago, Bartin said:

What reps? He has been inactive 3 out of 4 games and played 9 total snaps.

Lol you know sanjay lives in a fantasy world full of two TE sets and chris manhertz

• Pie 1

I forgot Hall was even a draft pick TBH. We're pretty solid at that spot at the moment, though, so not really a loss right now.

I really wasn't expecting much from Hall this season anyway. I don't know who would have with realistic expectations.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

wait, so we are rostering coleman, adams, jones, byrd, cox, and southward? That seems like a lot.

Cox reminds me of Mike Minter a little. Southward sparked a little in the offseason. I wouldn't mind seeing if either of them are legitimate.

Yes we have 6 safeties on the roster--ridiculous. 

Fug...current 3rd round pick to the IR...

Hall was only going to play if we tanked the season.  The front office must think we've got a pretty good team to make this move.  I doubt Southward will ever be active, but it does free up a practice squad spot to bring someone in to learn.

I don't care much about Hall to IR because he was never going to contribute this year anyways so that's fine. But having 6 safeties on the roster is ridiculous. Both Coleman and Cox will be back relatively soon and Worley (when healthy) in an emergency could play safety with Seymour sticking at corner. Makes no sense to have both Southward and Byrd.

11 minutes ago, thomas96 said:

Yes we have 6 safeties on the roster--ridiculous. 

And it's still the weak link.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Bartin said:

He definitely does, but I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. We did kind of need the roster spot for a safety and with Cox on the active roster and healthy there wasn't much opportunity for Hall to play.

It's  good thing if you are the GM or on the coaching staff because it's a built in excuse for a poor record and helps save jobs. That's the only reason he and Fox made it so long without getting fired.

1 hour ago, SetfreexX said:

I'd rather see Jones released, and have Hall recover  vs going on IR, I don't think there were any serious reports regarding  injury. 

could always bring him back. you can bring two players back from IR, one of which is reserved for Olsen.

44 minutes ago, lets-go-panthers said:

Mario Wiliams, anyone? 

sorry state-homer, Mario is totally done.

Why does anybody think we need a defensive end, when our project of a 3rd rounder goes to ir?

It's not like our depth has suddenly changed.