Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NanuqoftheNorth

Why The Electoral College Ruins Democracy

Recommended Posts

This is a simple irrational butt hurt argument. If my candidate wins, it's constitutionally sound, if they lose, then the system is broken.

garbage

the bottom line is Hillary lost because she treated the election as popular national vote, stayed out of Michigan and others she thought were slam dunks.

this is what would happen in a national vote. Disregard and to hell with North Carolina, Michigan, Iowa and others, battle only in California and New York.

They carry the majority of the popular vote, everyone else be damned.

in the state system, it's the popular vote within EACH state so each person in each state matters 100 times more.

Hillary found out the hard way.

what you all should be arguing for is what the voters did to her, they punished her for damning them by voting for the worst president in history.

maybe next time the next Joe Biden or Bernie will remember each state matters and focus on everyone instead of the demands of a state that constantly talks about another civil war,..

California.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, rodeo said:

and you only like it because it helps your little minority views get forced into power despite the majority of Americans being against it. if there was no electoral college, we would never have another Republican President in US history and that scares you, because you know your views are inferior.

no real American supports a system that unfairly weights someone's vote over another person's. it's anti-American values. 1 person should = 1 vote.

That's only because all the welfare goes to the blue,... and all the little blue wastes of sperm have to soak up the welfare,..

so yes, it means the end to the Republican Party as more and more people turn into worthless wastes of sperm and soak up all the welfare.

even South Park had everyone walking around asking for their check when Obama was elected,....

even those liberal weirdos know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rodeo said:

and you only like it because it helps your little minority views get forced into power despite the majority of Americans being against it. if there was no electoral college, we would never have another Republican President in US history and that scares you, because you know your views are inferior.

no real American supports a system that unfairly weights someone's vote over another person's. it's anti-American values. 1 person should = 1 vote.

You are only against it because Hillary lost. Period. If it was the other way you'd be opposite.

i voted Hillary and I still will never support your argument. It's garbage and has no basis in being American.

nationalism is a French or English idea, move there.

this is the United States, emphasis on states. One vote for one person in each state.

jesus, grow up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JARROD said:

That's only because all the welfare goes to the blue,... and all the little blue wastes of sperm have to soak up the welfare,..

so yes, it means the end to the Republican Party as more and more people turn into worthless wastes of sperm and soak up all the welfare.

even South Park had everyone walking around asking for their check when Obama was elected,....

even those liberal weirdos know.

lol nothing you ever post is accurate. firstly, red states are the welfare states. blue states tend to pay more in taxes than they receive from the government. red states pay less than they receive. the blue states drag the red states along.

secondly, south park is about as liberal as rand paul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JARROD said:

You are only against it because Hillary lost. Period. If it was the other way you'd be opposite.

i voted Hillary and I still will never support your argument. It's garbage and has no basis in being American.

nationalism is a French or English idea, move there.

this is the United States, emphasis on states. One vote for one person in each state.

jesus, grow up.

i've been against it since before hillary ever ran for president. all thinking people have been. several right wingers on this very forum were openly against it right up until it put trump into the white house, now they support it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rodeo said:

i've been against it since before hillary ever ran for president. all thinking people have been. several right wingers on this very forum were openly against it right up until it put trump into the white house, now they support it.

ALL?

very narrow don't you think?

Everyone else must agree with you or else! 

Sith,..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rodeo said:

lol nothing you ever post is accurate. firstly, red states are the welfare states. blue states tend to pay more in taxes than they receive from the government. red states pay less than they receive. the blue states drag the red states along.

secondly, south park is about as liberal as rand paul.

Much higher percentage of welfare in Blue States. I'll be right back.

its all about bribes and a check.

remember democrats were the slave masters

Democrat=Slave supporter.

something to think about,...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20110806_WOM959_0.gif

 

20110806_WOC321.png

Quote

New York transferred over $950 billion to the rest of America's fiscal union from 1990 to 2009. But relative to the size of its economy, Delaware made the biggest contribution, equivalent to more than twice its 2009 GDP. These calculations are based on tax figures provided by the Internal Revenue Service (which used to bracket Washington, DC, with Maryland) and federal spending numbers provided by the Census Bureau, which ignores spending on international programmes and interest payments.

https://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/08/americas-fiscal-union

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JARROD said:

Much higher percentage of welfare in Blue States. I'll be right back.

its all about bribes and a check.

remember democrats were the slave masters

Democrat=Slave supporter.

something to think about,...

i hope they develop a cure for your cte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rodeo said:

lol nothing you ever post is accurate. firstly, red states are the welfare states. blue states tend to pay more in taxes than they receive from the government. red states pay less than they receive. the blue states drag the red states along.

secondly, south park is about as liberal as rand paul.

Check this out, in Billions of dollars, California number one in billions spent on welfare:

https://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/compare_state_spending_2017b40a

just saying. Yes there are a lot of red states too, there are a lot of poor white people, 

by the way I'm a democrat, registered ever since Trump made the McCain comments-- that was war,... hate that he got elected.

but I believe in he electoral college as an equalizer for the states individual rights.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rodeo said:

i hope they develop a cure for your cte

They need to develop a cure for short people for sure. It's tough. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JARROD said:

Check this out, in Billions of dollars, California number one in billions spent on welfare:

https://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/compare_state_spending_2017b40a

just saying. Yes there are a lot of red states too, there are a lot of poor white people, 

by the way I'm a democrat, registered ever since Trump made the McCain comments-- that was war,... hate that he got elected.

but I believe in he electoral college as an equalizer for the states individual rights.

Big picture, California sends more tax dollars to the federal government than it gets back.

You have to limit your discussion to welfare.

If you are a dem you are a pretty crappy one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Numbers don't lie but people lie about numbers,.. 

This is state funding, but not specifically welfare funding.

try mine I posted: 

https://www.usgovernmentdebt.us/compare_state_spending_2017b40a

you can't just look for numbers that support your view. You have to look for the real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

California sends more tax dollars to the federal government than it gets back.

You have to limit your discussion to welfare.

If you are a dem you are a pretty crappy one.

California spends more on welfare than any other state.

limit your discussion to what's real and what is not.

and actually being a democrat is intellectual, look for the real instead of just numbers from a narrow view.

thats the republican way-- you would be a great republican

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×