Jump to content
Lucky

Knowingly exposing others to HIV decriminalized in California

Recommended Posts

Changing it from a felony to a misdemeanor is not what decriminalize means.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Just now, Floppin said:

Changing it from a felony to a misdemeanor is not what decriminalize means.

It does under an alternate definition...devil's lettuce is considered decriminalized in NC.

Not the point of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Happy Panther said:

It does under an alternate definition...devil's lettuce is considered decriminalized in NC.

Not the point of course.

That's because possession under 1.5oz or whatever is no longer a criminal charge. Its an infraction not a misdemeanor. Something that carries a misdemeanor charge is still "criminalized".

Edited by Floppin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Floppin said:

That's because possession under 1.5oz or whatever is no longer a criminal charge. Its an infraction not a misdemeanor. Something that carries a misdemeanor charge is still "criminalized".

Absolutely Correct.

I'm sure the next person that leaves the dr with this surprise will be comforted by this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Floppin said:

That's because possession under 1.5oz or whatever is no longer a criminal charge. Its an infraction not a misdemeanor. Something that carries a misdemeanor charge is still "criminalized".

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/decriminalize

to remove or reduce the criminal classification or status of

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Happy Panther said:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/decriminalize

to remove or reduce the criminal classification or status of

I guess I've never heard it used as a legal term except in the case of dropping below misdemeanor level.

They never refer to marijuana as decriminalized until this point for instance.

Edited by Floppin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      18,797
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    NO - CAM
    Joined
  • Topics

×