Cam Newton in the last 2 games

42 minutes ago, Bartin said:

Brady weeks 2 and 3 - 825 yards, 74% completion percentage, 8 TDs

you asked

Pretty decent company.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, ichigo1057 said:

An interesting little fact about the last two games as well,

We've been a running team since Ron got here but this is still pretty damn surprising that Cam had never done this before. And surprising that it's only his second time throwing for back to back 300 yard games--only his first two games of his career.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Pretty decent company.

Absolutely. Cam has been awesome.

Cam has impressed me so far. Two things I saw this game

1.He took the checkdowns. Its a reason his completion percentage may be up this season. Drafting CMC has really impacted Cam in that regard.

2. He is not forcing it. I saw him take a sack today when he could have forced it downfield during a period when DET was making a comeback. I think it is because he knows when a play is needed, he can make it.

He has shown great maturity so far and is making good decisions. I hope he continues to play this well. Also oline is playing fairly well.

• Pie 3

Both road games too, that adds to the accomplishment IMO

• Pie 1

Someone call The Herd tomorrow ... Apparently, he has found a few new QBs to attack: Eli Manning and Jameis Winston.

2 hours ago, countryboi said:

Honestly Cam looks better in these past 2 games than he did in 2015.

Bingo, way more efficient. But having guys that have improved around him since then helps to. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

He’s scrambles will be a complementary later on.. this will get ugly can’t wait lol

and we are a second half the season team!

3 hours ago, Fox007 said:

It's even better when the HC doesn't take the ball out of his hands when he's on.

head%20bash%20gif.gif

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, ok2h8pep said:

Cam could do this every week if he's getting "pressured" like today.  Then again, most NFL QB's could too.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing Cam playing this well but I couldn't help thinking that he was having all day to throw.   He's hell-a accurate when he has time.

The playbook on Cam hasn't changed.   Hit him early and often.   Same as it ever was (and it's true for every NFL QB).

1. Cam is willing to checkdown this year far more than in the past. 

2. The Oline aren't missing as many line call/adjustments as in the first 3 games. 

3. McCaffrey is getting a huge amount of attention from opposing defenses. 

4. Teams aren't running as many A gap blitzes against us because of the McCaffrey flare outs and the amount of motion (possible jet screens/runs) we have been using in our formations.  Add that Cam is still a running threat, it putting tremendous pressure on defenses. 

• Pie 1