• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

twylyght

The Last Jedi

I really hope that the characters in Star Wars Battlefront 2 story mode are not the parents of Rey that would be a huge let down. The two main characters are defected storm troopers who join the rebelion and become close to luke and Leah and have a daughter on Jakku. The father is named Del and it just happens that the publishing company is Del Rey for the books. Del is with Luke when he discovers a compass which is used to make the map in the force awakens. 

I think that would be a let down if this is gonna be how it goes. 

You people are crazy.   Rogue One is EASILY the second best Star Wars movie after Empire, those are the only two great movies.    Phantom was meh, Clone was OK, Revenge of Sith was pretty good, New Hope was good, Jedi was a letdown and Force Awakens is basically New Hope rehashed but still mostly good.    Rogue One was like the only movie where stakes felt real and mattered.  

• Pie 3

There are two terrible movie experiences I've had where I went in expecting awesome and got ugh - Star Trek V was the first and most disappointing, as it was the first Trek movie that came out after I was out of the Navy, drove 3 hours from training in Long Island to Boston to pick up my friend to see it and it was absolutely more terrible than anything with the Trek label on it had a right to be, and Phantom Menace, although I had to see it twice to convince myself it was that bad. Dude had like 30 years and unlimited funds to come up with it and that's how it came out?

Lucas is still a personal hero, what he went through to make the original, and sticking to his guns through it all - well he deserves all the success he got. But I am glad he sold the rights to Disney, they are a corporate monolith more akin to the Empire than the Rebellion, but they have the tools to make good art if the suits allow it - and so far Kathleen Kennedy is handling that pretty well despite a lot of challenges.

To each their own.  Some love it.  I use it as a non habit forming sleep aid.  No regrets on the purchase.

On 11/23/2017 at 8:21 AM, R0CKnR0LLA said:

lol @ people saying the phantom menace is better than anything

Those 3 Star Wars money grabs were terrible.  And they grabbed crazy money but so cartoonish.  

The first 3 releases in order for me and TFA are the really good Star Wars movies.  Hope this one is 5 at least.

For me the original Star Wars is the greatest movie ever made.  Light years better than The Godfather.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

On 11/23/2017 at 10:22 AM, cookinwithgas said:

There are two terrible movie experiences I've had where I went in expecting awesome and got ugh - Star Trek V was the first and most disappointing, as it was the first Trek movie that came out after I was out of the Navy, drove 3 hours from training in Long Island to Boston to pick up my friend to see it and it was absolutely more terrible than anything with the Trek label on it had a right to be, and Phantom Menace, although I had to see it twice to convince myself it was that bad. Dude had like 30 years and unlimited funds to come up with it and that's how it came out?

Lucas is still a personal hero, what he went through to make the original, and sticking to his guns through it all - well he deserves all the success he got. But I am glad he sold the rights to Disney, they are a corporate monolith more akin to the Empire than the Rebellion, but they have the tools to make good art if the suits allow it - and so far Kathleen Kennedy is handling that pretty well despite a lot of challenges.

For me personally, I'd substitute Star Trek (before my time kind of ) with Matrix Reloaded.    Right there with you on Menace though.      Matrix wasn't TERRIBLE but it was a monster letdown after Matrix, which I watched like weekly.  

On 11/25/2017 at 10:45 PM, Zaximus said:

For me personally, I'd substitute Star Trek (before my time kind of ) with Matrix Reloaded.    Right there with you on Menace though.      Matrix wasn't TERRIBLE but it was a monster letdown after Matrix, which I watched like weekly.  

I really liked the first Matrix because it was unique, not because it had 200 Agent Smiths on a screen at the same time. The later movies had some good scenes but mostly it was just a bunch of fighting where everyone just gets up and does it again. They were amazing technically but that's about it.

It’s just my opinion but I think the prequels have aged quite well. I revisit the films from time to time and honestly Revenge of the Sith is a good film. There are certain moments that should have been flushed out but it is solid. As is The Phantom Menace sans Jar Jar.

i know the acting gets bashed in the prequels but to be frank the acting isn’t all that great in OT either. But it is so beloved and defended because it is the original and has nostalgia on its side. It’s the fantasy that people love anyway.

Edited by OneBadCat

23 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

I really liked the first Matrix because it was unique, not because it had 200 Agent Smiths on a screen at the same time. The later movies had some good scenes but mostly it was just a bunch of fighting where everyone just gets up and does it again. They were amazing technically but that's about it.

I loved the first Matrix film. The sequels were okay but were ultimately a let down. Reason being is because my imagination and ideas of what the matrix was became narrowed and pigeon holed by the sequels. The first one leaves the audience in a huge sense of wonder about what this universe really is.

i think the sequels would have faired better if they explored the idea that the “real world” was another level of the matrix. A means for humanity to resist and get their frustration out while still being controlled.

12 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Phantom Menace was a kids movie imo.  Suited for 8-12 year olds.  But then, so was Return of the Jedi.  I did like revenge of the Sith. 

Revenge of the Sith had way less talking.  Lucas should be banned from having anything to do with plot or dialogue.

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Phantom Menace was a kids movie imo.  Suited for 8-12 year olds.

Because every good kids movie starts with a block of text describing a trade dispute.

• Pie 1