• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

twylyght

The Last Jedi

8 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Because every good kids movie starts with a block of text describing a trade dispute.

https://starwarsanon.wordpress.com/2014/06/18/the-phantom-menace-for-a-young-audience/

George’s target was always the younger age group.  I am not sure he expected the dad and granddads to be so enthralled by it.  That’s how Jar Jar Binks came about as well.  People might forget this, but the kids loved Jar Jar when The Phantom Menace was released.  It was just the adults that couldn’t stand him [laughs].  But George always said he was making The Phantom Menace for a young audience

I don't remember kids loving Jar Jar. I think they really liked the pod race. Jar Jar wasn't the worst for me...it was learning that Darth Vader made C-3PO. That was a terrible thing to do to the character just to get him into the story without having a real introduction.

The Red Letter Media evisceration of the prequels should be required watching for anyone saying they are good movies. Sure you can still like them but they aren't good. There's a difference. Revenge of the Sith is the best of the bunch but they are all terrible movies with awful plot development, characters, dialogue and acting. When you get Natalie Portman to come off as wooden and insincere...that's a problem with the director and writing. She is a solid actor. The original trilogy has it's problems as well but they aren't as pronounced and the writing was better as Lucas actually had less to do with them...until RotJ (which is also terrible). There's basically an inverse connection between Lucas' involvement and the quality of the movie.

• Pie 2

News flash: they ALL suck except for ESB.

Really. Go back and try to watch Return of the Jedi. EWOKS. Come on, man! TPM has little Anakin abd Jar Jar. Come on, man! Clone Wars was mushy and lame. ANH ... come on ... the acting is brutal.

TFA and RO are ... ok, I guess.

But really. Most people like the originals bc they saw them as kids. Let go of the nostalgia. The movies suck.

That said, I'm a huge fan and have a Gamorrean Guard tattooed on my leg. True story.

On 11/28/2017 at 9:47 PM, cookinwithgas said:

I don't remember kids loving Jar Jar. I think they really liked the pod race. Jar Jar wasn't the worst for me...it was learning that Darth Vader made C-3PO. That was a terrible thing to do to the character just to get him into the story without having a real introduction.

I agree, don't think anyone really liked Jar Jar, but I think that is what George intended, sort of.  And I think most people liked the Pod racing, that scene was about the only memorable thing in the movie.  Well that and the Lightsaber battles with the Red Devil fellow.    

Edited by Davidson Deac II

Oh the lightsaber battle was the best of the series IMHO. I think its what Lucas spent all that time between movies thinking about, and invented everything else to fill the rest of the movies run time LOL

• Pie 1

Reviews are coming in on Rotten Domadoes and it looks to be awesome.  Cant wait.

Edited by Shocker

23 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

Oh the lightsaber battle was the best of the series IMHO. I think its what Lucas spent all that time between movies thinking about, and invented everything else to fill the rest of the movies run time LOL

I read a couple of reviews and this one is supposed to have a pretty dope lightsaber fight in it.  But yeah, the Darth Maul fight is probably my favorite in the series after Vader vs. Luke in ESB.