trucpfan

Thursday we play 2nd best team--

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

I'm sorry but I do not think the Eagles are a top 5 team.  They are good, yes...and they can make the playoffs for sure.  But they have barely won games against the Giants and Chargers (two of the worst teams in the NFL) and got two more wins against the Cardinals and Skins, who are not playoff teams.  They did take KC the distance, so I will give them that.

If we get pressure on Wentz and contain him, he is prone to making stupid mistakes.  The Eagles run defense is nasty...but heck we haven't been running the ball anyways.  If Cam keeps playing like he has the last couple of weeks and we make plays on defense, we could win this game by two or more touchdowns.  

Pressure Wentz and contain him.....that sounds familiar.

Just curious but how many Eagle games have you watched this year?

50 minutes ago, Johnny Rockets said:

Just about all of them, why do you ask?  I am from Pennsylvania and my Dad and sister are huge Eagles fans, so I follow them secondary to the Panthers.  

Pressure Wentz because he has a tendency to make some stupid decisions (like the endzone int last week) when under duress).  Containment is important because he is a mobile quarterback who has made plenty of plays on the run(like the ridiculous TD throw in week 1 when scrambling for his life).  Just because you have heard this phrase before does not mean it doesn't apply.  

• Beer 1

Way too many people underestimating the Eagles. I haven't watched a full game but from what I've seen they look good. Questioning their wins is stupid.

Edited by Cat
  • Pie 1

8 hours ago, Cat said:

Way too many people underestimating the Eagles. I haven't watched a full game but from what I've seen they look good. Questioning their wins is stupid.

Giants/Eagles was an NFC East match up - throw records out the window.   Plus Giants were playing for their season.   That game seemed to be in the bag for the Eagles till they let the Giants back in it late.

Chargers game, same thing...eagles dominated early but let the Chargers hang around.    One thing with the Eagles, we have been a bad 4th quarter team.

11 hours ago, Smithers said:

That makes sense...yesterday was probably just a walkthrough.  

RR said they didn't even do that....kept them off their feet.

film study, meetings, treatment ....etc

said approach has worked in the past and sticking to it.

• Beer 1

You can't sleep on any NFL team. The true test will be how our offensive line holds up to their defensive line. Secondary and pressure will be key this game for defense. It's time for the secondary to start taking the ball away. 

15 hours ago, Jeremy Igo said:

They barely beat the Giants and Chargers. 

giphy.gif

Those are two very bad teams too, especially the Giants, they might not win a game this year....

13 hours ago, Johnny Rockets said:

Yeah pressure Wentz and he does stupid poo. He’s no Cam.

3 hours ago, EaglesRule said:

One thing with the Eagles, we have been a bad 4th quarter team.

The Panthers have also been a rather bad 4th quarter team the last two weeks. Thursday should be epic.

18 hours ago, Cat said:

every game is a struggle. any team that underestimates the enemy deserves to lose.

Shaun O'Hara on NFL radio picks an NFL Oline of the week based on the past weeks performance. The Eagles have been his top oline the last two weeks. Sounds like it will be a big test for our our big guys up front.