Hoenheim

So When is Curtis Samuel going to Make an Impact?

Clearly he has a very unique skillset on our team being the only true speed WR that we have, so why is it that he's not getting much playtime, targets, and not being used very well? Almost all the passes I've seen to him have been very short passes with defenders draped all over him by the time the ball gets there. I know its too much to say that he should be starting on the outside, but with the way our team seems to be functioning now, McCaffreys getting alot of time in the slot, Stew is taking the vast majority of RB carries. I'll say that our WRs have been doing a much better job at getting open, but I think Samuel could be the real X factor that we're missing that could make the offense elite. 

Is he not 100% healthy? Coaches dont trust him or want to elusively play him in the slot/short routes for some reason even though he's by far and away the fastest player on the team? Give him a 30 something yard end around and never run him again? Maybe try him on the outside? There's just something I'm not getting here. 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 1

Hopefully soon now that Cam’s arm seems like it’s actually full strength. Pretty sure we didn’t trust his deep ball. Would like to seem Samuel on the 9 routes we used to run with Ginn.

I told y'all that once he missed practically the entire offseason to curb your expectations big time. It'll probably be next year.

I don't blame the guy for having basically no idea in the offense we are running.  The fact that McCaffrey can play almost every snap is beyond impressive.  You have to imagine the level of communication Cam had with Olsen, Benjiman, and now even Funchess... Samuel has a lot of catching up to do.  He is so talented you have to imagine it can't take too much longer, but it's getting about time to see something soon.

• Pie 1

Being that this is a copy cat league, I saw a play from the LA Rams last week where they handed Tavon A. the ball out the back field basically lined up next to his qb for a thirty yard td. First thing I thought of was how we need to incorporate giving him the ball in a similar fashion being he took a ton of hand offs in college (if I knew how to Gif) but here's s link to the play http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000858427/Can-t-Miss-Play-Tavon-Austin-skates-through-entire-Seahawks-D-for-TD?akmobile=ios&akcarrier=other&icampaign="search-video-tavon+austin" we've got to find ways to get the ball in his hands it doesn't take years to contribute it takes creative play calling at the proper times. I do think we need him to run more deep routes with Cam looking focused and accurate def should take a shot or two to make sure they respect our deep ball speed.

6 hours ago, thomas96 said:

Year 3 like Funch?

Despite the overhype I think this or mid next year is realistic.  Probably see more flash here and there compared to what Funchess did but consistent "weapon" status is a bit much to expect right out of the gate.  

10/12 @ 10:36pm

Edited by Jangler

Cam missed all of Training Camp and didn't start playing well until week 4.  Samuel is a rookie, you should expect him to take even longer.

I think he starts making an impact late in the season.  Just in time for a playoff run.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1