Why arnt we using them? We have Byrd and Samuel but I have seen us continue to throw big passes to KB, and Funch. Sure they can jump ball it but they arnt going to burn thier man running down field. With Ginn we had plays that gave him chances to beat his man down field with speed. 

What happened to those plays? I keep seeing is going for YAC, screens, end arounds, fakes. Yet zero Ginn plays. These guys are so fast why in the world arnt we taking advantage of it. 

Dont tell me they can't catch it they've not even attempted to go long to them. We keep going long to Funch, or Benji two guys who will never run faster than the guys covering them. 

I really can't understand why we haven't done this yet. That 3rd down pass to Benji we're it was picked off? Yeah that should of been to Samuel or Byrd and both of them woulda easily outran thier man. 

Edited by CarolinaSamurai
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I know Samuel is fast, but he doesn't seem to be getting the type of downfield separation that Ginn did in the handful of times that we've sent him deep. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, adub2b23 said:

Well Byrd is on IR and Samuel was hurt all of training camp. So there's that.

Damn how did I miss Byrd going to IR. The point still stands why we arnt using our speedster in Ginns role

Edited by CarolinaSamurai
  • Pie 1

I agree. We weren't using Byrd even before the arm fracture. I can remember like one throw to him on a deep ball from maybe week one and the throw was too long. But Byrd had created seperation. Compare that to the repeated deep routes for our big guys. Yet we barely use them for jump balls. And the throwing to Stewart outside but not to Mccaffrey. Its like they're out thinking themselves. Nobody will think that we will do this because its something that they are bad at. So lets get all the least suitable personnel to do each play.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

They tried to go deep to Samuel once that I saw but it was intercepted.   Cam under threw it on that deep route.  Samuel had two defends beat but had to slow up to try to make a play.

Edited by Jon Snow

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

They tried to go deep to Samuel once that I saw but it was intercepted.   Cam under threw it in that deep route.  Samuel had two defends beat but had to slow up to try to make a play.

He didn't have anyone beat. The Eagles had perfect bracket coverage on him we just got lucky that the young CB panicked and completely unnecessarily grabbed Samuel on a ball that he had no chance of catching. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He didn't have anyone beat. The Eagles had perfect bracket coverage on him we just got lucky that the young CB panicked and completely unnecessarily grabbed Samuel on a ball that he had no chance of catching. 

The issue is route calling we need to layer routes that goes dump off , drag or slant then intermediate too deep routes.

if we would have layered them , knowing it’s double on Samuel we could have hit somebody wide open for chunk yardage. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Then you watched a different game than I did.  Had that ball been on target Samuel already had a step on both defenders and it would have been a touchdown.  A step of separation is all you can expect against a good defense.  The defense read the play from the jump but Samuel still got enough separation to score but the pass was under thrown.  That's not on the wr.

He's not appearing to be what we hoped he would be.

Its bc people dont want to admit thst Ted, drops and all, was damn good.  He was a better pure WR than anyone else we currently have, and just so happened too have world class speed.  Gettleman was an idiot for letting him walk, AGAIN.

Samuel has speed, but is not a refined receiver and is more of a gadget player right now.

• Pie 3