Proudiddy

The Reason Last Night's Loss Lingers More Than Usual

2 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, but go down the list and tell me which of their units is better than ours.  DL is the only one I might give you.

Our players are misused.  They arent put in a position to execute and succeed.  And if execution is a problem, another thing that also needs to be looked at is the personnel being used, and the personnel available.  We're always late making adjustments when they're needed.

When their DL is the "only one you might give me" and they're able to pressure Cam all night with a 4-man rush and virtually eliminate your running game and force Cam to throw the ball 50 times, that's all they needed.  

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

When their DL is the "only one you might give me" and they're able to pressure Cam all night with a 4-man rush and virtually eliminate your running game and force Cam to throw the ball 50 times, that's all they needed.  

Their DL is sick. Cox is an all-pro. He looks like he ate another man. Doesn't matter because we weren't in position to draft him, but I know we were high on him. Can you imagine a Cox/KK duo at DT?

I knew we were going to lose that game when about 2 minutes into the second half we were doing the same things that failed in the first half.  Frankly this game made me feel physically ill coupled with the fact that JR has fired Gettleman,  Rivera and Shula and an under performing
DC will probably be here for the indefinite future as well as friggin Hurney.  Luke getting concussed was the icing on the cake for me.  I shut it off about 1/2 way through the third quarter.

• Pie 1

I get that every now and again our offense needed to keep the Eagles D honest by attempting to run.

However, by the second half it was painfully obvious if the Panthers were to win, it was going to be with Cam's arm.

Continuously attempting to run on first down was tantamount to throwing away a third of their opportunities to advance the ball. 

Worse than that even, Panthers were typically having to gain more than ten yards on second down.

It was frustrating to watch such predictable play calling by our OC.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I will be a happy fan when Ron Rivera is fired. I even hate to hear him speak. To be honest he sounds like a scaried pussy when he talks. He has absolutely no balls, and no brain.

1 hour ago, Anybodyhome said:

But thats why the loss defied all logic.  That was their one strength they possibly had over us...  yet, we played into their strength with dumbass coaching and play calls.  How many times did we start drives 2nd and 12 and 2nd and 13?  Almost all of them.  Cam keeping the ball on the read option worked and we only did that a handful of times.  Most of the runs we lost yardage on were designed runs to the RBs, not options.  They were going straight to the back everytime.  Screens had some success, as they usually do when teams are coming straight up field...  but we hardly tried them.  Then when we did again, Stew fugs up and turns it into an INT.  Smh...

Dont get me wrong...  there are specific players that contributed to the loss at the worst possible times - Worley, Adams, Shaq all gave up EASY TDs with horrible coverage against players that were lesser athletes.  Stew was a giant, walking minus on the field and should've been relegated to the bench coming into the year anyway, as he is struggling in every aspect of the game.  And the OL was atrocious as a whole, but Trai Turner in particular owes Cam his check.  Cox ate him alive, spit him back out, and charged him money for processing.  For all the crap players have caught over the years for the money they make, I'm amazed how Turner has gotten a pass from this board for his performance last night.

All that being said, a lot of those issues are compounded by bad coaching.  Our staff makes zero adjustments.

The best way I can describe it is watching our staff is like watching someone running into a wall and deciding the best way to get past the wall is bang their head through it.  While watching our opponent's staff is like seeing them approach the same wall and climbing over it with a ladder. 

They don't adjust and feel like they can grunt their way into success, instead of scheming, strategizing, or thinking their way through it.  Opposing front 4 generating otherworldly pressure?  Let's dial up some deepshots with guys who cant get their routes right and/or cant get separation!  Once?  Hell no!  3 times in a row!  Lol.  It's unreal.

I feel so bad for Cam.  Not only did the coaches fail him, AGAIN, but so does his "supporting cast," and has him losing to a lesser QB and a lesser team, despite him carrying the load for everyone.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

We played like poo and still had a chance to win thanks to Cam Newton leaving it all out on the field. If the oline could block and Stewart could catch we would have won 24-14. If Shula had even half a brain we would have put up 40+.

This loss really showed just how bad our coaching is.

How does Richardson not see these things? If he is so senile that he can’t, why doesn’t the team board remove him and make hard decisions for the betterment of the franchise?

and why is the Charlotte media so toothless when it comes to holding the franchise accountable? i WISH we had the type of media that Philly or New York does. 

1 hour ago, raleigh-panther said:

if you say it's just coaching, well. We have these coaches to the end of the season

Oh, I think we've got them well beyond that.

2 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

How does Richardson not see these things? If he is so senile that he can’t, why doesn’t the team board remove him and make hard decisions for the betterment of the franchise?

and why is the Charlotte media so toothless when it comes to holding the franchise accountable? i WISH we had the type of media that Philly or New York does. 

Been like this the Panthers entire existence. 

I love JR for bringing football to the Carolinas and have just accepted that nothing really is going to change until he is gone.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Turner has gotten a pass from this board for his performance last night.

He was in reverse the entire game- 

5 minutes ago, UpstatePanther said:

What he sees is people getting along and no one's feelings getting hurt inside the offices.

Translation: All is well.

The second part, I can't answer.