Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shocker

NBA General Discussion

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

now that Hayward went down for BOS - What are your Eastern Conf. predictions??

1- CLE
2- WAS
3- MIL
4- BOS
5- CHA
6- TOR
7- MIA
8- DET
-----------
9- PHI

No way does Charlotte finish ahead of Toronto. Barring injury to one of Toronto’s 3 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


On 10/18/2017 at 3:47 PM, *FreeFua* said:

No way does Charlotte finish ahead of Toronto. Barring injury to one of Toronto’s 3 

Who are their 3 again..? Lowry, DeRozen and Ibaka?? or Valanciunes?? dude - those might be the only players on their roster I have ever heard of ---- oops, they got CJ Miles this offseason.. 5 players I have ever heard of.. 

if you trust in them - then go rite ahead.. as a Hornets fan - its weird to say that with any amount of clout or boldness - but whatevs.. I think between the growth of Monk throughout the season and the squad getting healthy - we can leap them into the top 5.. shoot - i might even throw the Heat over them if they continue the roll they were on at the end of last season..

This is Toronto's last gasp, imho..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

Who are their 3 again..? Lowry, DeRozen and Ibaka?? or Valanciunes?? dude - those might be the only players on their roster I have ever heard of ---- oops, they got CJ Miles this offseason.. 5 players I have ever heard of.. 

if you trust in them - then go rite ahead.. as a Hornets fan - its weird to say that with any amount of clout or boldness - but whatevs.. I think between the growth of Monk throughout the season and the squad getting healthy - we can leap them into the top 5.. shoot - i might even throw the Heat over them if they continue the roll they were on at the end of last season..

This is Toronto's last gasp, imho..

The average fan couldn’t name you 3 players on the Hornets so you can’t really go by that.

I am by no means a Raptors fan at all and I don’t think they could ever compete with Cleveland but as far as regular season goes, they’re well built. 

Norman Powell is someone most people don’t know about but he’s legit. Your boy CJ Miles buried 6 3’s last night. 

I do agree with you on Monk, I think he’s the X-Factor for you guys this year, if he becomes legit the Hornets become good. 

I guess we’ll see...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

The average fan couldn’t name you 3 players on the Hornets so you can’t really go by that.

I am by no means a Raptors fan at all and I don’t think they could ever compete with Cleveland but as far as regular season goes, they’re well built. 

Norman Powell is someone most people don’t know about but he’s legit. Your boy CJ Miles buried 6 3’s last night. 

I do agree with you on Monk, I think he’s the X-Factor for you guys this year, if he becomes legit the Hornets become good. 

I guess we’ll see...

I agree with the crux of your statement - but I am no average fan and truly don't recognize anyone outside of the 5-6 players.. KJ McDaniels from college but not the NBA and Nogueira only because of the surprise on draft night of how high he was taken..

your average fan at least knows the names of Kemba, Dwight, Batum, Marvin, Zeller, Lamb, MKG and MCW.

They might be like - "Oh, Lamb is still in the league!? wow, didn't know that." but at least they know the name.

This convo has devolved into dildos.. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2017 at 6:14 PM, pantherphan96 said:

I'd take the Raptors over the Hornets in a 7 game series. DeRozan and Lowry are better than any player on the Hornets.

pfft.. Kemba is on par (career numbers) with both of them.. 

Whose would you take of these three players?
A) 20 ppg - 3 ast - 4 reb - 1 stl / .280 3pt %
B) 18.5ppg - 5.5 ast - 4 reb - 1.5 stl / .350 3pt %
C) 14.5ppg - 5.8 ast - 4 reb - 1.4 stl / .360 3pt %

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

pfft.. Kemba is on par (career numbers) with both of them.. 

Whose would you take of these three players?
A) 20 ppg - 3 ast - 4 reb - 1 stl / .280 3pt %
B) 18.5ppg - 5.5 ast - 4 reb - 1.5 stl / .350 3pt %
C) 14.5ppg - 5.8 ast - 4 reb - 1.4 stl / .360 3pt %

A then C then B.

19.3 ppg - 3 ast - 4 reb - 1 stl / 28.0 3pt % / 44.6 FG% - DeRozan (also worth noting avgs 8+ FT/game over the past 5 years)
14.3ppg - 5.8 ast - 4.1 reb - 1.4 stl / 36.4 3pt % / 42.5 FG% - Lowry
18.4ppg - 5.4 ast - 3.9 reb - 1.4 stl / 35.1 3pt % / 41.2 FG% - Kemba

though I will admit that in a couple years I'd take Kemba over Lowry. regardless the Raptors are a better team than the Hornets and I would take them in a 7 game series between the two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

A then C then B.

19.3 ppg - 3 ast - 4 reb - 1 stl / 28.0 3pt % / 44.6 FG% - DeRozan (also worth noting avgs 8+ FT/game over the past 5 years)
14.3ppg - 5.8 ast - 4.1 reb - 1.4 stl / 36.4 3pt % / 42.5 FG% - Lowry
18.4ppg - 5.4 ast - 3.9 reb - 1.4 stl / 35.1 3pt % / 41.2 FG% - Kemba

 

are you a Raptor's fan? cus I see no other reason for wanting either of them over Kemba.. like - im trying to put my homer-ism away and analyze freely too.. there might be an argument for DeRozen but in today's NBA - he lack of a 3 ball is the deal breaker for me..

So, You would rather have a SG that doesn't shoot the 3 ball but oh so rarely and very ineffectively..?? or a PG that has the same numbers across the board to Kemba except Lowry has DeRozen playing along side him that hits 45% of his FGs?? Drop DeRozen alongside Kemba and Kemba's assist number shoot up far past Lowry's..

I don't know.. the Raptors have been the poster children for being over hyped and never meeting their potential - especially in the playoffs.. if you want DeRozen or Lowry so bad - you can have them.. I won't put up a fight..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bLACKpANTHER said:

are you a Raptor's fan? cus I see no other reason for wanting either of them over Kemba.. like - im trying to put my homer-ism away and analyze freely too.. there might be an argument for DeRozen but in today's NBA - he lack of a 3 ball is the deal breaker for me..

So, You would rather have a SG that doesn't shoot the 3 ball but oh so rarely and very ineffectively..?? or a PG that has the same numbers across the board to Kemba except Lowry has DeRozen playing along side him that hits 45% of his FGs?? Drop DeRozen alongside Kemba and Kemba's assist number shoot up far past Lowry's..

I don't know.. the Raptors have been the poster children for being over hyped and never meeting their potential - especially in the playoffs.. if you want DeRozen or Lowry so bad - you can have them.. I won't put up a fight..

Celtics fan. I fear the Raptors far more than I do the Hornets.

DeRozan is more of a slasher than a 3pt shooter. Not as typical in todays NBA but Dwyane Wade has a sub 30% career 3pt% and is a future HOF so I wouldnt write him off for lacking a 3 ball. 

Lowry has similar stats to Kemba with a lower usage rate as he isn't the focal point of the Raptors offense (arguably the 3rd option behind DeRozan and Valanciunas). 

Raptors have lost in the Conf Finals and Conf Semifinals against the Cavs the past 2 years. No one can get past Lebron in the East so i wouldn't consider that underperforming.

Right now I would consider the Raptors to be the better team and both DeRozan and Lowry to be better than Kemba. Like I said, as Lowry is 31 and Kemba 27, I would take Kemba looking long-term, but for now there is no one on the Hornets roster better than those 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

Celtics fan. I fear the Raptors far more than I do the Hornets.

DeRozan is more of a slasher than a 3pt shooter. Not as typical in todays NBA but Dwyane Wade has a sub 30% career 3pt% and is a future HOF so I wouldnt write him off for lacking a 3 ball. 

Lowry has similar stats to Kemba with a lower usage rate as he isn't the focal point of the Raptors offense (arguably the 3rd option behind DeRozan and Valanciunas). 

Raptors have lost in the Conf Finals and Conf Semifinals against the Cavs the past 2 years. No one can get past Lebron in the East so i wouldn't consider that underperforming.

Right now I would consider the Raptors to be the better team and both DeRozan and Lowry to be better than Kemba. Like I said, as Lowry is 31 and Kemba 27, I would take Kemba looking long-term, but for now there is no one on the Hornets roster better than those 2.

i hear ya..

the Raptors were swept in the first round by the Wiz in '15,  were forced to game 7 in 2 series in '16 before losing to the Cavs, and then swept by Cleveland in '17.. I know what u mean by "LeBron Rules All" in the East and you are right - they have consistently been in the playoffs and made deep runs..

I still would take Kemba because - to me - not one of DR or KL is clear and away the better player.. so i guess my homerism wins out in the end even though I try to hide it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone want to make an offer for Bledsoe?  He's great and I'd maybe give up MKG and maybe Zeller for Bledsoe and Chandler.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×