Jeremy Igo

Hornets at Pistons Thread

17 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Pretty decent looking squad imo. It is a shame that the Hornets spent the previous two drafts on guys that don't start. No? 

Yes and no. It's kind of like what @rhyslloyd said, our second unit is pretty strong with guys who are fringe starters. If our second units can consistently win their minutes then the Hornets will be in most games.

MCW

Monk

Bacon

Frank

Zeller 

Thats not terrible.....

17 minutes ago, RoaringRiot said:

Thats not terrible.....

True. 

Won't win many playoff games though. It is a superstar league. 

14 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

True. 

Won't win many playoff games though. It is a superstar league. 

To be fair, as the Owner of the Hornets stated.  It's two teams and a bunch of garbage.  Hard to argue with him on that one.  

• Pie 1

We are really banged up right now -
MCW experienced knee soreness after a full day of work. Batum's injury is well documented. MKG is banged up too and prolly won't start.

Kemba
Lamb
??? - Bacon
Marvin
Howard

MKG is out with personal issues. I believe someone close to him passed away. He will probably not be with the team tonight or possibly the first home game Friday. The starting lineup may be Kemba, Bacon, Lamb, Marvin, Howard. This may actually be a better starting lineup then what many thought we would have, because it provides more perimeter scoring. That extra scoring will open up more options for Kemba Walker on the pick and roll. The weak link is Marvin and MKG (when he gets back he should be a backup). I would try to find a trade for Marvin if I could this season. Unless he comes out and balls like he did a few years ago. Ever since getting that nice paycheck he has disappeared. We have plenty of depth off the bench, unlike previous seasons. I am curious to see if Johnny O'Bryant gets more playing time. He has looked good this pre-season. He can hit the three, plays good defense, and has a decent inside game. Overall this team is built to be a 5th or 6th place team in the East. If things come together good, then they could be as high as 3rd. If things fall apart, then they could be looking at a top 10 pick. Again!

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Meant to post it after our espn preseason game, but this may have been out best draft (and offseason) ever.  Bacon was an absolute steal in the 2nd.  He is a baller.  And Monk is gonna be ridiculous.  And getting Howard for nothing...

Although, i have to say...  i noticed it in the preseason too, but does D12 have a problem with passing it to Kemba?  Seems like everytime he gets a dreb, he dribbles it up court himself or oultets to a wing and Kemba is standing right beside him.