christopherdrake

What is your opinion of Trump's insensitivity to the soldier's widow?

Two hours ago BBC published an article in which it was said that:

US President Donald Trump told the widow of a soldier killed in an ambush in Niger that "he knew what he signed up for", a lawmaker has said.

Congresswoman Frederica Wilson said she heard some of the "insensitive" remarks made by phone while she was in a car with Sgt La David Johnson's family.

Mr Trump, she said, then added: "I guess it still hurt."

A White House official said Mr Trump's conversations with the families of fallen servicemen were private.

Sgt Johnson, 25, was among the four US soldiers killed in 4 October in an area where Islamist militants, including al-Qaeda fighters, operate. His widow, Myeshia, is expecting the couple's third child.

In an interview with CNN, Ms Wilson said Mr Trump's call happened shortly before Sgt Johnson's casket arrived in Miami: "Basically he said, 'Well, I guess he knew what he signed up for, but I guess it still hurt'."

The Democrat congresswoman said she listened to part of the conversation on speaker phone.

'Just crying'

Talking to ABC News affiliate WPLG, Ms Wilson added: "Yeah, he said that. To me that's something that you can say in a conversation, but you shouldn't say that to a grieving widow.

"And everyone knows when you go to war, you could possibly not come back alive. But you don't remind a grieving widow of that. That's so insensitive."

The full context of the remarks are not known. Ms Wilson said that when she asked Ms Johnson about the exchange, she said she could not remember.

"She was just crying. She couldn't say anything. The only thing she said when it was time to hang up was thank you, bye-bye," she said on CNN.

The alleged remarks sparked angry comments on social media, with Ms Wilson saying on Twitter that Mr Trump did "not possess the character, empathy or grace to be president of the United States". 

170301141317-donald-trump-0228-super-169

As for me I will writing a essay about it. How can there be a person who occupies such a high position by such a pompous egoist?

On Tuesday, Mr Trump suggested that President Barack Obama did not call the family of his chief of staff Gen John Kelly when their son was killed in Afghanistan in 2010.

He made the comment in an interview to defend his claim that his predecessor neglected to call the loved ones of fallen soldiers. The remarks sparked outrage among Mr Obama's former aides.

More about it http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41663609

this is the dude who attacked McCain and said he doesn't like his POW's captured. 

this is the dude who attacked a gold star family (the Kahn family) during the campaign. 

simply put the POTUS believes in using any aspect of any topic publicly for what he deems his own personal advantage.  

one of many reoccuring patterns w/ the POTUS.  Media here isn't innocent.  They shouldn't be playing this game w/ Trump.  The Congress woman who ran to the press is to blame.  Lot of people right now.....not just Trump....that aren't giving this family the respect they deserve and looking to use this moment for their own bigger picture iMO.  That however doesn't take away from how horrible Trump acts though.  

I mean he dragged Kelly's dead son into a lie about Obama so I'm not surprised. More evidence he's an unfeeling shithead incapable of actual human emotions besides pride and narcissism. 

• Pie 4

words are just words, but to say he is the first C&C to make these phone calls is just delusional.

i mean say what you will about obama's supposed elitism, but he most likely had at least some concept of what a normal person's life is like.  he's probably had to shop for his own groceries and stand in line at the DMV and balance a checkbook before.

trump grew up in an insanely privileged bubble and has probably never had to deal with anybody whom he couldn't just ignore, sic his lawyers on, or fire.  thus things like this.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jangler said:

words are just words, but to say he is the first C&C to make these phone calls is just delusional.

Trump says delusional things near daily.

he operates on the premise of the truth not mattering as much as perception/belief.  So he repeats lies over and over because he knows he can get X amount of people to believe the lie as true.  Then to him the lie is true because he has people who believe it.  

Ivanka literally wrote about the Trump method about why Trumps lie...and them valuing perception more than truth.  Her own words. I mean Trump was literally called out by a reporter one on one for his highest taxed nation lie he has repeatedly nearly every day now....he knows it is false but he knows people are believing it.  So he won’t stop. If people believe the lie as true it aids him and then the fact people believe it makes it true to him.  Or like his wealth, it wasn’t a number but a feeling.  So he lies about it the number to one he likes 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, CRA said:

Trump says delusional things near daily.

he operates on the premise of the truth not mattering as much as perception/belief.  So he repeats lies over and over because he knows he can get X amount of people to believe the lie as true.  Then to him the lie is true because he has people who believe it.  

Ivanka literally wrote about the Trump method about why Trumps lie...and them valuing perception more than truth.  Her own words. I mean Trump was literally called out by a reporter one on one for his highest taxed nation lie he has repeatedly nearly every day now....he knows it is false but he knows people are believing it.  So he won’t stop. If people believe the lie as true it aids him and then the fact people believe it makes it true to him.  Or like his wealth, it wasn’t a number but a feeling.  So he lies about it the number to one he likes 

Just words has been a rallying cry since Trump started getting busted. Which is convenient when the things that come out of his mouth are abominable. 

What the president says is dissected daily and has ramifications globally. He doesn't get it.

I think they're sad, insensitive, and I feel so sorry for the woman who had to hear that. I can't even imagine what she's going through, and then to hear that garbage. Truly sad.

Its just sad so many, who knew he was like this and knew he was a moron, bypassed all that we knew and still put this man in office. I'm not shocked he said what he said; no one should be. He's shown us who he is and what type of person he is. Only thing exposed in all of this is what people will excuse when appointing one of the most powerful men in the country.

• Pie 1

"Narcissistic sociopaths are incapable of empathy, guilt or regret. It requires blame-shifting any time such a scenario confronts them"