Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaSamurai

Front Office/Coaches after G-man

Recommended Posts

So I was reading the Gano/Butker thread and it got me thinking. 

How much has losing Gettleman changed what we are doing as a organization.  Is it for the better or worse?

To me I feel like the timing has really messed up alot of things. First I don't think Rivera or the coaches wanted a new kicker and never gave butker a chance. 

I also think Gman drafted CMC and Samuel was to give Shula no more excuses. Except now without Gman there is zero pressure of even the possibility of losing his job. We all know last year there was a ton of chatter Shula was going to get the axe but Rivera put his neck out for him. 

Another problem with losing Gman to me is some players are as safe as can be job wise. Granted job security can up performance but honestly I haven't seen a team that really wants to win big.

Lastly I think many decisions personnel wise has been utterly depressing. 2 kickers, 3 QBs. Still no good safety or CB depth. Gman might be 50/50 on drafting but holy cow did he do good churning the roster during the season. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


3 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

gettleman never fired shula in the past i doubt he would have done it

That's the thing he was going to after last season. Tons of chatter about it was going on. Ron just took the bullet for him to keep it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, juliosantos said:

gettleman never fired shula in the past i doubt he would have done it

DG tried not to meddle in coaching staff decisions, he let Ron handle that. That was how the authority had been relegated with them there together, and Ron and Dave had a great working relationship. A couple instances though, where DG started to pressure Ron was ST coach after '14 and Shula after '16. In the first case, he pressured him enough to demote Rodgers after the year and hire a new ST coach. And Rivera put all his chips in on Shula for this season and basically left it up to DG to fire him if Shula (and the team as a whole under Ron) didn't succeed. I think one of DG's flaws ultimately was letting Ron have too much power, when it was clear as day that DG was a much smarter football man than Ron (although I don't think that has anything to do with his firing, nor would it justify it if it were the reason).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to get over this and move on.  Can't live in the past, all that matters is now.  We are 4-2 and look like one of the better teams in the NFC.  When the off-season comes along we will learn the direction of the team and we can all bitch about it, even tho none of us have any controll over it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol it’s not timing or coaching or GMs Christ. It’s our boneheaded idiot of a owner who constantly meddles and messes up this franchise. When will you guys realize it does not matter what puppet is in place when a senile, incompetent imbecile is controlling it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't know if we have a direction as a franchise at the moment to be honest. We have no long term GM (at least I hope to Jesus we don't) We have no team president, and our coaching staff seems to be under performing even though we are 4-2. 

I'm really intrigued with the direction we head moving forward. Intrigued and terrified. 

After this season it's a crap shoot with how good we do. No idea what to expect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I really don't know if we have a direction as a franchise at the moment to be honest. We have no long term GM (at least I hope to Jesus we don't) We have no team president, and our coaching staff seems to be under performing even though we are 4-2. 

I'm really intrigued with the direction we head moving forward. Intrigued and terrified. 

After this season it's a crap shoot with how good we do. No idea what to expect. 

I think you are right and watching Ron Rivera on the sideline, he is like a statue, he does not interject and he does not interact. I have never seen a HC coach behave this way 

Even Tom Landry showed emotion or concern occasionally on the field

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

I think you are right and watching Ron Rivera on the sideline, he is like a statue, he does not interject and he does not interact. I have never seen a HC coach behave this way 

Even Tom Landry showed emotion or concern occasionally on the field

Don't think you can judge  a coach by his emotions or lack there of--We're 4-2--enjoy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Cracka McNasty said:

I really don't know if we have a direction as a franchise at the moment to be honest. We have no long term GM (at least I hope to Jesus we don't) We have no team president, and our coaching staff seems to be under performing even though we are 4-2. 

I'm really intrigued with the direction we head moving forward. Intrigued and terrified. 

After this season it's a crap shoot with how good we do. No idea what to expect. 

We don't have a direction. We HAD one with Gettleman and things were finally looking bright, and then Jerry had to start meddling with things. After this year, it is murky at best. Hell, we have an interim GM who is SUPPOSED to be finding the next GM, but we all know he is still staying to fug us over some more. This year really is superbowl or bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ras977 said:

Don't think you can judge  a coach by his emotions or lack there of--We're 4-2--enjoy.

RR has always been that way on the sideline. Not just this year.

It just all adds up to the fact that RR seems lost, always. On the sidelines, or being interviewed, he always seems lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Say what you want about Gettleman but he had an approach. Hurney seems to flutter in the wind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People seem to think Dave had total control. Put that out of your mind. His control was personnel and Rivera's was coaching staff. It's worked really well till Dave started to evaluate people like Davis and Olsen. That's when JR abruptly fired him and the same reason Rivera had no idea he was canned. They operated independently. JR brought Hurney back because BB went to the Bills. I think this year everyone is safe because Hurney will be around till JR finds another within his Org to be GM. Dark days are probably coming sooner than later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Snake said:

People seem to think Dave had total control. Put that out of your mind. His control was personnel and Rivera's was coaching staff. It's worked really well till Dave started to evaluate people like Davis and Olsen. That's when JR abruptly fired him and the same reason Rivera had no idea he was canned. They operated independently. JR brought Hurney back because BB went to the Bills. I think this year everyone is safe because Hurney will be around till JR finds another within his Org to be GM. Dark day are probably coming sooner than later. 

I'm honestly starting to think this too. I think if Dave had full control, he would have had his own coaching staff. But JR LOVES Ron and wouldn't let that happen so Dave had to make due. Steve Smith and D-Lo was already too much for JR to handle, and then when talks of TD and Olsen came, that was it.

And it doesn't even matter IF we get a new GM. We now know that all JR wants is a yes man that will pay his vets so we can continue this family environment. He proved that with his latest move. We just have to hope we win a superbowl THIS YEAR because our future is bleak.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jfra78 said:

We need to get over this and move on.  Can't live in the past, all that matters is now.  We are 4-2 and look like one of the better teams in the NFC.  When the off-season comes along we will learn the direction of the team and we can all bitch about it, even tho none of us have any controll over it.  

It's directly involved in the team as a whole right now. Desicions, failures, changes. It's all ripples from the late firing of Gman. He had a plan in place with his personnel decisions and that plan is crashing with the current "temp" system we have now. It's completely relevant to discuss that clash that's happening right now. It's one of the main reasons our team seems rudderless and even the wins we have haven't felt significant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×