Jump to content
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

rodeo

The Walking Dead season 8

Recommended Posts

reddit on gun battles:

 

"They've always been bad but man has it gotten worse. Youtube channels do more realistic weapons. People running around shooting full auto M14's with no recoil at people 2 feet away and missing. People using sheetmetal as cover from 7.62 nato guns. Everyone using full auto in an apocalypse. Every gun having no recoil and only sometimes have the bolt moving. No one ever reloading. Nothing about the gunplay is remotely good or realistic

Its gotten so jarring that even someone with a COD understanding of weapons would notice. A show with WD's production value should have much better weapon effects. It feels like im watching some kids grade 12 film class project, and not the second most popular show on tv. Hard to take an episode seriously when the gunfights happen 15 feet away and the people are missing like a cartoon"

 

"Agreed the gun fights are pretty bad. Endless ammunition and everyone has the worst aim ever. Last weeks episode was literally 50% of two groups just shooting at each other"

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Porn Shop Clerk said:

Catering to Lost fans is crippling TWD.

Catering to LOST fans....TWD is literally doing what pissed of LOST fans.    They clearly tell their story and it is obvious to the viewer the writers have no end game as they tell it.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's clear that this season is going to have the exact same problems that the comic arc had, nothing fuging happening. I'm going to watch the season 5 premier and fantasize about the good ole days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol remember back in season 2 when herschel had that infinite ammo shotgun??? yeah that was a hoot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Porn Shop Clerk said:

They really should have had more walkers in Shiva's death scene. They are making all of these potentially great scenes so very underwhelming.

 

Agreed. Shiva's death in the comics was epic and heroic. That gigantic beast could have mauled that handful of walkers. Just felt cheap.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The upside to this episode is for a moment Khary Payton delivered a very good performance in his emotional breakdown.  His "I'm just a guy" scene was probably the best thing about this season so far.

Edited by Porn Shop Clerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree about Khary Payton, but this was just another blah episode for all I care.

Guns still have no recoil nor do they eject spent casings. Carol somehow gets into the ceiling with nobody noticing. Rick drives a magic, bullet proof Jeep that I swear I saw a ricochet flare on the windshield of. Rick and Daryl's scenes just reek of bad 80's and 90's action TV and movies now.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bronn said:

I agree about Khary Payton, but this was just another blah episode for all I care.

Guns still have no recoil nor do they eject spent casings. Carol somehow gets into the ceiling with nobody noticing. Rick drives a magic, bullet proof Jeep that I swear I saw a ricochet flare on the windshield of. Rick and Daryl's scenes just reek of bad 80's and 90's action TV and movies now.

Yeah, Rick was flat out driving a magic dumpster.  He didn’t even bother ducking or getting out of the way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah the special effects are severely underwhelming.. I mean the guy was shooting a fugging .50 cal gun at ricks jeep..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lightsout said:

 

Agreed. Shiva's death in the comics was epic and heroic. That gigantic beast could have mauled that handful of walkers. Just felt cheap.

TWD was like, these shitty Tiger special effects are way too much.  What should we do?  Meh, who cares, let's just kill the Tiger as weakly as possible.   How come the King magically could climb up and out once the Tiger died but couldn't before hand.  Zombies couldn't scale uphill like that so it didn't matter that Sheeba distracted them.   That "rescue" was whack. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, CRA said:

TWD was like, these shitty Tiger special effects are way too much.  What should we do?  Meh, who cares, let's just kill the Tiger as weakly as possible.   How come the King magically could climb up and out once the Tiger died but couldn't before hand.  Zombies couldn't scale uphill like that so it didn't matter that Sheeba distracted them.   That "rescue" was whack. 

but they were "TOXIC" zombies !!! nothing like trudging through toxic sludge with those open wounds like that was no big deal either 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×