So everyone knows that Shula has only 3 play calls: go deep, run up the middle or Cam go run. It seems like all our pass plays have the receivers going in the same area which brings more defenders in the vicinty & since the recievers  can't create separation the catches are usally contested. Why do we not layer routes to attack different portions of the field instead of  just going all deep & having 1 dump off that can be covered by LBs.

We should be utilzing Hi-lo schemes that attack the underneath , intermediate, middle, & deep at the same time. The different routes creates natural trips and stretches defenders from one another for recievers to have room to work in space and create those YACs. 

Why the fug do we have 4 receivers going up the field !? 

giphy.gif&key=c67472aef7bcdb0d65eb088e57

59edd157077a4_ScreenShot2017-10-23at7_13_28AM.thumb.png.4698e79be0765bb9b66c6b7a19a9db09.png

Edited by sanjay_rajput
  • Pie 1

Coach can't design the plays, QB can't read the coverages, WRs aren't fast enough.

Best approach might be to have Curtis Samuel ride on the shoulders of Kelvin Benjamin out into the flat about 15 yards to best catch those fly balls Cam has been throwing. In the meantime, have Funchess run a crossing pattern and then have him run in circles yelling "Throw it to me, throw it to ME!" as he gathers up all of the linebackers in coverage around him.

Leave CMC in to block and send Manhertz deeeeeep, way deep like "Go check to make sure the team bus is still in the parking lot" deep.

In the meantime, have four linemen all block the same defensive tackle while the remaining one pokes himself repeatedly in the eye.

JStew can hold the ball with Cam for an uncomfortable amount of time before launching himself directly at a middle linebacker.

Then, to bring the play to its logical conclusion, Cam can just wing it right to their rookie safety and help start a legend on someone else's team.

• Pie 8

33 minutes ago, sanjay_rajput said:

So everyone knows that Shula has only 3 play calls: go deep, run up the middle or Cam go run. It seems like all our pass plays have the receivers going in the same area which brings more defenders in the vicinty & since the recievers  can't create separation the catches are usally contested. Why do we not layer routes to attack different portions of the field instead of  just going all deep & having 1 dump off that can be covered by LBs.

We should be utilzing Hi-lo schemes that attack the underneath , intermediate, middle, & deep at the same time. The different routes creates natural trips and stretches defenders from one another for recievers to have room to work in space and create those YACs. 

Why the fug do we have 4 receivers going up the field !? 

giphy.gif&key=c67472aef7bcdb0d65eb088e57

59edd157077a4_ScreenShot2017-10-23at7_13_28AM.thumb.png.4698e79be0765bb9b66c6b7a19a9db09.png

Well, Actually it was 2 receivers, a scat back, and a fuging aging power running back running a fly route.  On top of this, when I rewatch it, look at cams eyes, he NEVER looks to the left side of the field where his receivers are.  This tells me 1 of 2 things, either cam is completely lost (Which I don't think so) or his read progression on the play went from CMC to Dickson which is vomit inducingly terrible design.  I mean, why on earth would you run Stew out on that side, if even KB ran the route that Stew did, MAYBE something could have been salvaged on that play, or better yet, you'd have another option that could be considered.  This was IMO the worst play design of the entire game and that is saying something.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

Well, Actually it was 2 receivers, a scat back, and a fuging aging power running back running a fly route.  On top of this, when I rewatch it, look at cams eyes, he NEVER looks to the left side of the field where his receivers are.  This tells me 1 of 2 things, either cam is completely lost (Which I don't think so) or his read progression on the play went from CMC to Dickson which is vomit inducingly terrible design.  I mean, why on earth would you run Stew out on that side, if even KB ran the route that Stew did, MAYBE something could have been salvaged on that play, or better yet, you'd have another option that could be considered.  This was IMO the worst play design of the entire game and that is saying something.

I know its not the same formation but the idea is to have each reciever attack the different portions of the field instead all of them going in one area in striaght line where defenders can't be shaken off.

Just now, sanjay_rajput said:

I know its not the same formation but the idea is to have each reciever attack the different portions of the field instead all of them going in one area in striaght line where defenders can't be shaken off.

Oh I completely agree.  I meant my post as more pointing out on top of the absolute dog poo play design, shula absolutely made sure to incorporate the worst personnel package AND read progression possible  in combination with a failing scheme to make sure it failed as much as physically possible.  Worst part is afterward people go "WHY DUZ CAM THEW BADZ!".

• Pie 1

The success and failure of any offense starts with coaching. It's why a Jets team with little talent is winning and a team like us is losing. 

"

evolving.jpg

20171023_115157.png

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 6