Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How big is your TV?

56 posts in this topic

Posted

58" Samsung

Posted

Samsung 55" LCD

Posted

54" Plasma

Posted

I have a 27' CRT which I have to squint to see.

Posted

12"... oh wait, you said TV...

I have a 27' CRT which I have to squint to see.

27 feet! Damn that's a big CRT.

Posted

42" Sony Vega LCD sittin in the LR. it was top of the line when I got it almost 5 yrs ago, and has never given me any reason to complain.

Posted

53 inch Samsung LCD in the living room, 48" or so Samsung rear projection in the bonus room. My 50" Samsung Plasma is currently broke and in storage.

Posted

37" Panasonic in the den/my room downstairs.

Penis envy is so last year, now a man is judged by the size of his TV

Posted

52" Sharp Aquos LCD

Posted

Attentions Big Screen TV fans, your TVs are in jeopardy. A ban of energy guzzling TV's is about to pass in California, and when it does, the ban is expected to go nationwide.

So enjoy you big screens now.

Of course they aren't going to raid your house and destroy your TV like this is Farenheit 451, but states will likely stop retailers from selling models that don't meet energy standards, and fine repair shops working on banned TVs. They will also more than likely make crucial parts unavailable, so that if your TV does break down, it will be irreparable.

And brands can very easily make their TVs energy efficient, so worry not, you will have a big screen in your house, but your current model will be on the curb soon.

Posted

Attentions Big Screen TV fans, your TVs are in jeopardy. A ban of energy guzzling TV's is about to pass in California, and when it does, the ban is expected to go nationwide.

So enjoy you big screens now.

Of course they aren't going to raid your house and destroy your TV like this is Farenheit 451, but states will likely stop retailers from selling models that don't meet energy standards, and fine repair shops working on banned TVs. They will also more than likely make crucial parts unavailable, so that if your TV does break down, it will be irreparable.

And brands can very easily make their TVs energy efficient, so worry not, you will have a big screen in your house, but your current model will be on the curb soon.

Pretty sure they are referring to old school ones with the wood panel siding that weigh 1400 lbs and use the energy of a small city to run.

Posted

Pretty sure they are referring to old school ones with the wood panel siding that weigh 1400 lbs and use the energy of a small city to run.

yeah the ones now that I have seen most carry that stupid logo energy efficient