Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Happy Panther

How big is your TV?

56 posts in this topic

53 inch Samsung LCD in the living room, 48" or so Samsung rear projection in the bonus room. My 50" Samsung Plasma is currently broke and in storage.

37" Panasonic in the den/my room downstairs.

Penis envy is so last year, now a man is judged by the size of his TV

52" Sharp Aquos LCD

Attentions Big Screen TV fans, your TVs are in jeopardy. A ban of energy guzzling TV's is about to pass in California, and when it does, the ban is expected to go nationwide.

So enjoy you big screens now.

Of course they aren't going to raid your house and destroy your TV like this is Farenheit 451, but states will likely stop retailers from selling models that don't meet energy standards, and fine repair shops working on banned TVs. They will also more than likely make crucial parts unavailable, so that if your TV does break down, it will be irreparable.

And brands can very easily make their TVs energy efficient, so worry not, you will have a big screen in your house, but your current model will be on the curb soon.

Attentions Big Screen TV fans, your TVs are in jeopardy. A ban of energy guzzling TV's is about to pass in California, and when it does, the ban is expected to go nationwide.

So enjoy you big screens now.

Of course they aren't going to raid your house and destroy your TV like this is Farenheit 451, but states will likely stop retailers from selling models that don't meet energy standards, and fine repair shops working on banned TVs. They will also more than likely make crucial parts unavailable, so that if your TV does break down, it will be irreparable.

And brands can very easily make their TVs energy efficient, so worry not, you will have a big screen in your house, but your current model will be on the curb soon.

Pretty sure they are referring to old school ones with the wood panel siding that weigh 1400 lbs and use the energy of a small city to run.

Pretty sure they are referring to old school ones with the wood panel siding that weigh 1400 lbs and use the energy of a small city to run.

yeah the ones now that I have seen most carry that stupid logo energy efficient

I don't think the Consumer Electronics Association would be lobbying so hard if that was the case.

Big screen plasma televisions are to be banned in California because they use too much energy.

In a world first, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger has given his backing to the crackdown on sets more than 40 inches wide.

These liquid crystal display and plasma high definition sets can use as much as three times the power of smaller cathode ray models.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1220664/California-set-ban-energy-guzzling-big-screen-TVs.html#ixzz0U6Q9gyO6

Well all I know is when I bought my 73" I was told it used less energy then a 7 year old 32" so everyone with a 7 year old TV will be breaking the law?

Your not comparing new big screens to old tubes.