Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

State Troopers for College Football Coaches?

20 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Who is paying for these State Troopers to act as Secret Service for college football coaches? (Tax Payers). Why do guys like Les Miles and Bobby Bowden need security at HOME? Don't these guys make enough money to hire their own security?

Posted · Report post

I'm not paying taxes in those states, so I don't care.

Posted · Report post

big time college coaches make more money than the governor in most circumstances and are state employees. They are high target employees who in most cases outside the state are more well known than the governor. At the end of the day is not a big expenditure to devote a few hours of a state trooper making $50k/year to protect a multi million dollar/year high profile/easily targeted/on TV all the time state employee.

Posted · Report post

big time college coaches make more money than the governor in most circumstances and are state employees. They are high target employees who in most cases outside the state are more well known than the governor. At the end of the day is not a big expenditure to devote a few hours of a state trooper making $50k/year to protect a multi million dollar/year high profile/easily targeted/on TV all the time state employee.

Why can't they get their own security? Almost all of them make over a million dollars a year. And I'm sorry I don't understand security at home. What is going to happen to Joe Paterno at Happy Valley?

Posted · Report post

I'm not paying taxes in those states, so I don't care.

You pay for Butch Davis, Tom O'Brien, Jim Grobe, and David Cutcliffe's security. Plus all of the lower level colleges too.

Posted · Report post

who cares?

Posted · Report post

I just don't understand why guys who make well over a million dollars a year need state troopers for security. Why do they need them at all at HOME and why can't they pay for their own security?

Posted · Report post

Because college football fans are psychos? You act like a million a year is some absurd amount of money...

Posted · Report post

ask the trooper putting his neck on the line daily who makes 50k a year if doesn't appreciate the sideline view as well as some OT

Posted · Report post

Because college football fans are psychos? You act like a million a year is some absurd amount of money...

I don't ever remember a fan attacking a coach on any level. Let alone a home fan.

Posted · Report post

Yeah me neither. Might be because they have security.

Posted · Report post

Why don't NFL coaches use State Troopers?