Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

State Troopers for College Football Coaches?

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Has no one seen The Last Boy Scout?

Posted

NFL coaches are state employees?

Posted

There's a bit of a difference of who they let on the sidelines of NFL games vs. college games and the ability of the crowd to get to the field in both cases. Really easy to see in person the difference.

Posted

haven't seen too many NFL games recently that the crowd rushes the field after a win....or NBA games either.....but college basketball games and football games all the time the crowd rushes the court/field. The mere presence of a state trooper discourages shenanigans.

NFL coaches are looked after by private security because it is a private entity. College coaches are like a chancellor...if there is a risk they get security.

Posted

Interesting responses...

I'm with ya fitty76, I don't get it either. Seems like an awful waste of money all to feed an already over-inflated ego/image.

Posted

In addition to the concerns about rushing the field, college football fans are absolute psychos. Especially when talking about Alabama, Florida, LSU, Georgia, etc.

Posted

What's going to happen to Urban Meyer in Gainsville. I kind of understand it on the road. But why do home coaches need protection?

Posted

Y'all would hate to see high school games around here, then.