No one should assume that there's no need for an adjustment period just because McCaffrey was taken with a high pick.

All rookies have to adjust to the speed and complexity of the NFL.  Even good ones.

To be perfectly honest, it won't really matter to me whether McCaffrey wins awards this year.  What I'm most interested in is seeing whether he takes big steps next year.

Seriously, folks would benefit a lot from reading Ryan Kalil's advice to rookies.

Edited by Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

We can’t just throw to Mac every single fuging pass play. We need to take shots downfield to keep the defense honest, then you will see things REALLY open up for Mac.

youre acting like Cam is throwing bad balls to him on every play, which is retarded.

MaCaffery has received virtually the same number of targets as Funchess.

Any idea why Carolina is 4th in Total first downs this year...and 5th in 3rd down conversions despite ranking 21st in total offense?

Incidentally, exactly what is Carolina's downfield passing game opening up? 

The run? LOL.

5 minutes ago, Chairman Wow said:

MaCaffery has received virtually the same number of targets as Funchess.

Any idea why Carolina is 4th in Total first downs this year...and 5th in 3rd down conversions despite ranking 21st in total offense?

Incidentally, exactly what is Carolina's downfield passing game opening up? 

The run? LOL.

That’s my whole point. We haven’t had anybody step up to be that downfield threat. We can’t just keep forcing it to Mac.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

That’s my whole point. We haven’t had anybody step up to be that downfield threat. We can’t just keep forcing it to Mac.

Why? 

No one has stopped him yet. Seriously, he is open on virtually every play. Throw it to him until someone stops him. 

The 49'ers used to do it with Roger Craig. Use the short pass to open both the run and the downfield stuff. 

The reality is that no one respects our ability to go downfield at all. All the Atlanta game did was cement this. 

• Poo 2

Please stop calling him Mac. Just trying to hard to come up with a cool creative slang for him. Just stop! Lol

• Beer 1

On 11/6/2017 at 9:52 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

If he continues to grow in this offense.  I think he would really need a couple of spectacular plays to give him some media coverage.  I would like to see him break a 70-75 yd run off.  That will impress the crowd.

OROY would be an impressive award if he surpassed Hunt and Fournette.

I would like to see him break a 70-75 yd run off.  That will impress the crowd.

It's coming, when CMC does it will bring down the house!

• Pie 1

I'm sure there is some CMC hate somewhere in here, but props to OP for not starting it out that way!

• Beer 1

On 11/6/2017 at 9:49 AM, Nate Dogg said:

Seems like Kareem has slowed down a little bit. Getting Olsen and Byrd back will open things up even more for our offense. Now with Watson out of the picture, it's wide open for CMC to challenge Hunt and Fournette down the stretch.

McCaffrey has 589 yfs , Hunt already has 1131 .. not even close. Unless Hunt just tanks the rest of the season and does next to nothing, and McCaffrey starts popping out 100 yrd rushing or receiving games and making big plays . McCaffrey doesn't have the stats or the explosive plays to have a chance at it right now. His biggest plays? A 37 yard reception and  A 17 yard rush. Hunts biggest plays : 69 yard rush , 78 yard reception. Yeah , raw stats and style points count alot and McCaffrey is losing in both catagories. Even Kamara has a better case at this point.

The only area McCaffrey has to his atvantage is in total receptions and receiving yards (54 for 406) . And  in receiving yards he's not that far ahead of Kamara (341) and Hunt (331) , both of which have way more rush yards than McCaffrey.

Even this "breakout" game he had last Sunday , is just a okay performance in grand scheme of things. 66 rush yards and 28 rec yards isn't exactly great. He's only broken the 100 yard barrier once with 101 rec yards against the Saints. 

Edited by Pantha-kun
  • Pie 4

On 11/6/2017 at 9:51 AM, Snake said:

I think like yesterday if you move more to a spread attack and force defenders to cover the deep bay he can run both. Samuel and Funchess made ATL commit more to coverage and that loosened the run game. 

To expand on your point. IMO, when Olsen gets back, that will be when things really pick up. Funch, Samuel, and Shep on the outside. Olsen at TE, with CmC in the backfield will make Defenses nervous.

We spread atl out nicely. We ran a bunch of no huddle. And we had success. Throw Olsen into that mix, and we will improve even more.

The Offense is at least trying to evolve. Isn't that what folks were looking for?

4 hours ago, iamhubby1 said:

To expand on your point. IMO, when Olsen gets back, that will be when things really pick up. Funch, Samuel, and Shep on the outside. Olsen at TE, with CmC in the backfield will make Defenses nervous.

We spread atl out nicely. We ran a bunch of no huddle. And we had success. Throw Olsen into that mix, and we will improve even more.

The Offense is at least trying to evolve. Isn't that what folks were looking for?

And all that started when Shula finally put Stewart on the bench and let CMC get the ball. People calling the kid a bust but I mean every defense knows it's run up the gut with Stewart or pass with McCaffrey. And those 2nd and 14 are like getting kicked in the teeth. I can tell Stewart is frustrated but sometimes it's about the team. He will become more effective when the defense has been gassed by McCaffrey. 

Edited by Snake
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, The Huddler said:

Please stop calling him Mac. Just trying to hard to come up with a cool creative slang for him. Just stop! Lol

LOL, we need to find one for Sammie Curtis Jr or CSam or Sam I am.  Sorry.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

C MAC is > J Stew at this place and time. He needs to start. 3, 5, 7 ypc every time, can’t deny. Not to mention he can actually catch a pass. J Stew has ever been able to say that. Feed 22 the ball, he has stated that he can carry that load.

Edited by Tomcatn
  • Poo 1