Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

John Fox

Wes Welker flagged for making a snow angel

16 posts in this topic

I saw it. That was a horseshit penalty. I thought the rule was you couldn't involve other players or use the ball as a prop, neither of which he did. fug Goodell and his PC nation of let's treat every celebration like it's taunting.

I saw it. That was a horsesh*t penalty. I thought the rule was you couldn't involve other players or use the ball as a prop, neither of which he did. f*ck Goodell and his PC nation of let's treat every celebration like it's taunting.

Your Patriots*** homerism is showing again.

The penalty was correct. Plain and simple.

Go back and read the rule.

I can't blame Welker..I would have done it too. Snow..football, there will be a snow angel somewhere in the picture. It is not like he built frosty the snow man holding an Arizona Cardinals Suck sign.

But - Rules are rules. I could see Smitty doing that too lol

Now THAT I like.... :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU8aCzzF1Ns"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU8aCzzF1Ns[/ame]

Smitty did it before (who needs snow)...and that's probably why the rule is there. It was changed that year.

Your Patriots*** homerism is showing again.

The penalty was correct. Plain and simple.

Go back and read the rule.

If the rules says no celebrations of any kind than it is different from what I thought it was, has nothing to do with any homerism.

When I saw it it did cross my mind that Welker would get flagged but never realised he actually did.

That is bollocks

• Topics

• So we have already picked up Kelvin's fifth year option.  If I gaze into my crystal ball this is what I see happening. This upcoming season (year four) for Kelvin, will be a somewhat of a disappointment, same for Funchess. However, our offense will benefit from the varied and viable options we have provided Cam.  Panthers win Superbowl beating the Patriots and Olsen retires.  Panthers draft a tight end with pick 32.  Kelvin will swear in the offseason that he's taking things seriously as they will need him to be a leader with Olsen retiring., hint: he will because that oh so coveted second contract is looming and Kelvin is no spring chicken (already 26).  Year 5 comes. Kelvin has worked himself into shape and looks amazing. Basically everything we've always wanted from him. However, Funchess has a great season as well, remember Funchess is only (22) right now. He probably came out a year too early and it historically takes WRs a couple years to hit their stride.  Big time decision will come down to Gettleman and co. and I ultimately think we move on from Benjamin where he goes on to sign with the Los Angeles Rams. 
    • Competition makes the most of everyone. Gano had an off year and might be spurred on by the challenge. This guy seems like a good kid, but only one or two new kickers make it into the league each year... it's a hard gig to land.