Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Like sand through the hourglass, these are the last days of American Football.  

B8B02518-674B-4EEC-BE3D-77A1FEFC2CED.jpeg

  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, RealisticPanther said:

Dude there's CLEARLY no such thing as CTE. Yes, the brain looks different---but there's been absolutely no studies establishing cognitive deficits in people with CTE relative to "normal, healthy" subjects..nor is there any anecdotal evidence of such..all the old football players are anecdotally perfectly fine and aren't any worse off than the general population. 

CTE is a bunch of propaganda, and anyone who believes in CTE doesn't have very good logic skills in my opinion and maybe should be worried about their own cognition.

Let me guess, you probably also think that human related climate change is a lie, that the Earth is flat, and that the Vegas shooting was some kind of government conspiracy, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


16 minutes ago, sharkkiller said:

Fair enough.

I just get tired of hearing, "Well he was raised in a single parent home." "He grew up in a bad neighborhood." 

I just think, well yeah, so were a lot of other people, and they didn't choose to take someone down a dirt road and put a bullet in their head. Or whatever it was they did. I just think if you made a choice like that, you do not deserve pity.

I have made bad choices in life, but would never expect someone to pity me for any of them. I made the choices, and I have to live with the consequences. 

This particular case is exacerbated by the fact that he was given every possible opportunity to succeed in life, and he chose to kill people. Supposedly over a spilled drink in a bar. 

Well, I would’ve had a sense of pity and all those other emotions I have for AH, for you. You made mistakes like we all do, but making a mistake and/or doing something bad doesn’t mean you are forever a bad seed, not deserving of second chances, etc. My faith and life experiences have taught me to show those emotions for all mankind, because 1.) everyone is different and 2.) we all react to the situations were put in, our environment, etc differently.

This information that we’re getting about AH, will help us understand why he possibly did the things he did. Maybe he was a devil and/or evil, and none of this matters, but we don’t know that.

As far as living in single parent homes, and growing up in rough neighborhoods...I’m not going to touch that lol. I will say I feel different on the subject than you do.

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it possible, plausible, that his brain was damaged at birth? He didn't have any CT Scans or MRI's of his brain prior to this study, so it's possible that this damage isn't related singularly to football. Damage that significant would be noticed by darkness on a scan in areas where there is usually reflection back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, sharkkiller said:

Fair enough.

I just get tired of hearing, "Well he was raised in a single parent home." "He grew up in a bad neighborhood." 

I just think, well yeah, so were a lot of other people, and they didn't choose to take someone down a dirt road and put a bullet in their head. Or whatever it was they did. I just think if you made a choice like that, you do not deserve pity.

I have made bad choices in life, but would never expect someone to pity me for any of them. I made the choices, and I have to live with the consequences. 

This particular case is exacerbated by the fact that he was given every possible opportunity to succeed in life, and he chose to kill people. Supposedly over a spilled drink in a bar. 

He was found not guilty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

News flash. We are all pieces of sshit. Its is within all of us and we are capable of it all. 

 

IMG_1587.JPG.c1d79bcdc2e5dd41a6a10690905228d3.JPG

 

Carl Jung. Research him. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AggieLean said:

Well, I would’ve had a sense of pity and all those other emotions I have for AH, for you. You made mistakes like we all do, but making a mistake and/or doing something bad doesn’t mean you are forever a bad seed, not deserving of second chances, etc. My faith and life experiences have taught me to show those emotions for all mankind, because 1.) everyone is different and 2.) we all react to the situations were put in, our environment, etc differently.

This information that we’re getting about AH, will help us understand why he possibly did the things he did. Maybe he was a devil and/or evil, and none of this matters, but we don’t know that.

As far as living in single parent homes, and growing up in rough neighborhoods...I’m not going to touch that lol. I will say I feel different on the subject than you do.

I guess I am just more of an asshole than you are. lol

I went to high school with a lot of people who grew up in single parent homes, and rough neighborhoods (not like in the major cities, but pretty damn bad for rural SC) and some of them turned out to be great people. Teachers, preachers, you name it. Some of them turned 30 in jail. 

I just don't think the CTE had jack poo to do with why AH did what he did. He was just a gangster wanna be murderer.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




2 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He was found not guilty. 

No, he was not. He killed himself before the verdict was reached, and was given a not guilty verdict since he was dead. He had already been found guilty in the first trial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Let me guess, you probably also think that human related climate change is a lie, that the Earth is flat, and that the Vegas shooting was some kind of government conspiracy, right? 

Humans contribute less than 3% of total carbon output on Earth. Do humans contribute to the warming? It's possible but it's not exactly measurable. One can assume but assumptions that haven't been or can't be proven aren't science. Not only that, but as carbon causes a warming effect, ice melts, effectively speeding up the warming process because insulators are being removed while carbon is still increasing. Eventually, this will disrupt the ocean currents due to water temperature and density differences, leading to a lack of re-distribution of wealth warmth, causing the Poles to freeze again and effectively causing the next ice age.

This isn't from a movie. It's real life and it has happened previously. We are in the middle of an interglacial period, an interglacial period that scientists say is warmer than it should be at this point. But meteorologists can't predict weather correctly 5 days out, so why would a climatologist be able to predict the climate 10,000 years out.

Last point, scientists argue that it is the warmest it's been in the 10's of thousands of years. Earth is 4,600,000,000 years old. So you have a comparison of 10,000 to 4,600,000,000. Its statistically insignificant and irrelevant to assume that science is infallible. 

And no, the Earth isn't flat and there is no conspiracy with Vegas. Though I do think the death of a DNC Staffer in Washington D.C. in a supposed robbery gone wrong is suspicious. B613. 

  • Pie 4
  • Poo 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sharkkiller said:

No, he was not. He killed himself before the verdict was reached, and was given a not guilty verdict since he was dead. He had already been found guilty in the first trial. 

No, he was given a not guilty verdict. His first conviction was cleared because the appeals process hadn't been exhausted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

He was found not guilty. 

Of the Boston double murder. Just wanted to make that clear.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Floppin said:

Of the Boston double murder. Just wanted to make that clear.

CORRECTO! And he was found some greek legalese for the first, after death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now




×